Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks transfering cash from one account to the other without permission

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All

I had 2 separate accounts in 2 different branches of the same Irish bank. Last week the bank transferred cash from a deposit account in one branch to an OD account in another branch to clear the OD without my consent, when I called the Financial Regulator he confirmed this was not legal and when I challenged the Bank in question they replaced the money into the original account. Just wondering if they are doing this to others and if so are you aware its not legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I think most people know that its illegal for the bank to do anything with their money - without their consent.

However - as for spotting it.... thats another kettle of fish - well done to you, will keep an eye out on my own accounts - thanks for the heads up !

Advertisement