Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think has been the biggest injustice in the history of the WWE?

• 14-12-2014 10:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

For me it was the firing of JR, all because he seemingly lost control of a game launch where Rik Flair said some things he shouldnt have. Vince was just looking for an excuse imho and he is sorely missed on commentary.

You?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

The Montreal Screwjob has to be up there too although that could have been a ploy for publicity. JR is a brilliant commentator and is missed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

All the ones Gorilla mentioned.
    tve74499-19910119-1877.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

thehouses wrote: »
    The Montreal Screwjob has to be up there too although that could have been a ploy for publicity. JR is a brilliant commentator and is missed.

Having read up extensively on the matter and watched Wrestling With Shadows etc I think Bret needs to take 40% of the blame on that one. He should have dropped the belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Flair helping Undertaker to beat Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series. ;_;

MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭danielhogan

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Having read up extensively on the matter and watched Wrestling With Shadows etc I think Bret needs to take 40% of the blame on that one. He should have dropped the belt.

hard to call..i'm a massive fan of bret, but I'm firmly of the belief that it nevwer should have got to survivor series, with bret heading off, the belt should have been off him long before that..

..not his biggest fan, but always thought wwe's treatment of zack ryder sucked..he got himself over, became a merchandise machine, and got punished for having the 'cheek' to do it...he reached out for one of those 'brass rings', and got burried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

vince Mcmahon still being in charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its nearly 2015 and still no sign of a returning Shane o Mac. Also the treatment of fans during the invasion storyline. They did it on the cheap why couldn't they have bought out the nwo, Goldberg and stings contract and see the dream matches the fans truly wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

HHH beating Booker T in vaguely racist angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

ricero wrote: »
    Its nearly 2015 and still no sign of a returning Shane o Mac.

He ain't coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The fact that Vince McMahon wouldn't release Owen Hart from his contract in November of 1997.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Kevin Dunn and Michael Hayes holding powerful positions in WWE.

I could go on forever about countless others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Flair vs Hogan at Wrestlemania not happening.

Guaranteed money, but Vince took one look at Sid and forgot all about Flair.

ricero wrote: »
    Also the treatment of fans during the invasion storyline. They did it on the cheap why couldn't they have bought out the nwo, Goldberg and stings contract and see the dream matches the fans truly wanted.
    How much is not cheap though? They would've had to buy out the massive guaranteed contracts from AOL Time Warner with the individuals in question's consent. Some were happy enough to take loaaaaaadsa money and take other bookings whenever it suited them to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

That time when I ordered a calender and a CD of wrestler's themes but they never sent it to me :( (although they randomly sent me an ECW DVD a good while later).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

British Bulldog, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Mr Perfect, Owen Hart, Goldust,William Regal,The Million Dollar Man just to name a few never winning the title, with some never even getting a look in.

Jake Roberts never winning a championship of any description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

On TV: Million Dollar Man never winning the WWF title. He was a top-level wrestler who main-evented house show circuits and should've been rewarded with a decent run.

Off TV: Healthcare/A union.

Similarly to how people complain about John Cena hogging the main event scene nowadays, so many great workers didn't reach the heights they would have in the 1980s without Hulk Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭danielhogan

Jake Roberts never winning a championship of any description.

wasnt he tv champ in texas with the von Erich's??

British Bulldog, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Mr Perfect, Owen Hart, Goldust,William Regal,The Million Dollar Man just to name a few never winning the title, with some never even getting a look in.

Goldust and Regal are nowhere near being main title material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Goldust when he debuted could definitely have been given a world title run.

Regal after he won King of the Ring was set for a run too, but screwed it up for himself.

Goldust when he debuted could definitely have been given a world title run.

Regal after he won King of the Ring was set for a run too, but screwed it up for himself.

Goldust - not a chance.

Regal - his push always baffled me. Sure he was a technically amazing wrestler but hats not enough, it never has been, The rumour mill at the time was that he only got as high on the card as he did because he was very good friends with SCSA. They were former college room mates.

Goldust is the son of Dusty Rhodes, both he and Cody should have each held at least the World Title or ECW title, Goldust won the IC belt back when it was the stepping stone to a title shot but got looked over due to back stage politics ie not being in with the kliq.

Regal got busted for drugs during his push.

Goldust and Regal are nowhere near being main title material.

Maybe because Randy Orton and Cena have almost 30 title reigns between them, go back 15 years and people like Mick Foley were in the title picture, Goldust and Regal may not now be in with a shot but in their heydays both deserved multiple title reigns as they paid their dues and both could draw serious money.

Maybe because Randy Orton and Cena have almost 30 title reigns between them, go back 15 years and people like Mick Foley were in the title picture, Goldust and Regal may not now be in with a shot but in their heydays both deserved multiple title reigns as they paid their dues and both could draw serious money.

So you're saying Regal and Goldust could have sold out PPV arenas of 20 thousand and Mania stadiums of 50-80 thousand?

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

So you're saying Regal and Goldust could have sold out PPV arenas of 20 thousand and Mania stadiums of 50-80 thousand?

Seriously?

and JBL or The Miz could?

and JBL or The Miz could?

They didnt,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They didnt,

my point exactly, you don't have to fill stadiums to be a good heel champ

But neither JBL or Miz were good champs :confused: Sure look at how far Miz fell down he card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Macho king using his sceptre on ultimate warrior at royal rumble_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Macho king using his sceptre on ultimate warrior at royal rumble 92_

In all fairness Slaughter had promised him a title shot and warrior refused. He was right to do it...even though slaughter never gave it to him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Regal probably would have gotten a brief run last time when he was GM and getting excellent heat or at the very least would have challenged for a WWE title on a B PPV, but he and nobody else blew it when he failed Wellness.

Yokozuna and his buddies beating undertaker at rumble 94
    Debiase was brilliant on colour commentary.

Why were all the posts about Regal and Goldust deleted without explanation?

wasnt he tv champ in texas with the von Erich's??

He never won a championship in the WWF. I'm just talking about his time with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Flair vs Hogan at Wrestlemania not happening.

Guaranteed money, but Vince took one look at Sid and forgot all about Flair.
    Wasn't the reason it didn't happen was because they were wrestling at house shows and it wasnt working ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wasn't the reason it didn't happen was because they were wrestling at house shows and it wasnt working ?

I'd say hogan had something to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd say hogan had something to do with that.

How ? It's wasn't working from the crowd standpoint as far as I can remember reading somewhere. I know hogan could be a bollock but he couldn't control the crowd.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How ? It's wasn't working from the crowd standpoint as far as I can remember reading somewhere. I know hogan could be a bollock but he couldn't control the crowd.

I imagine the plan may have been for hogan to lose to flair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I agree with several of the above.

Another for me is the Streak ending last year. Dont think its something Ill ever agree with and then awarding it to a part timer who will be gone soon always makes me sick :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Destroying careers isn't a crime and Vince MacMahon ain't serving time.

Well Mods.

Why were posts deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The dreadful overlooking of talent such as Derek Bateman.

He was so good and the whole NXT redemption storyline was great. Maxine, Curtis and Kaitlyn. They dropped the ball big time on him.

He had the look and he would've had the mic skills if they ever listened. ECIII is one of the best characters in all of wrestling and definitely has a bright future if TNA get their act together in the coming year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well Mods.

Why were posts deleted?

I don't see any deleted posts in this thread. No need to "call us out" - this should obviously be in a PM. So PM me what posts you think were deleted, and I'll look into it. This thread will be locked until it's sorted out, I don't want to derail this thread. I'm happy to sort it out via PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement