Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlers and sunbeds

Options
  • 03-12-2014 11:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

What is about wrestlers and using sunbeds? A significant seem to be permatanned. And not in a "just back from holiday" way because you cant keep up that look 52 weeks of the year.

Is it because many of the gyms they use would have tanning booths there too?

Apart from the always orange Hulk Hogan who else is guiltiest of using them too much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Giant Haystacks. Deffo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

*Spray tan

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheamus Fella

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

HHH is fairly bad.

Weren't spray tans banned due to the switch to HD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

More tan than man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

The lighting on WWE TV is quite harsh. It is standard to use make-up in TV/film/theatre so it's a similar deal with wrestlers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Ageyev wrote: »
    The lighting on WWE TV is quite harsh. It is standard to use make-up in TV/film/theatre so it's a similar deal with wrestlers.

All over makeup including legs? Doubtful. There's a shoot video by Kevin Nash where he mentions that a lot of wrestlers when on tour did them daily out of boredom. I dont have a link to hand.

Just saw Perry Saturn on the latest Monday Night War. He certainly gave Hogan a run for his money in the perma glow look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was just the culture for a long time, and still is with many of them. Steroids make you red too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Just saw Perry Saturn on the latest Monday Night War. He certainly gave Hogan a run for his money in the perma glow look.
    Hahahaha yes actually, Perry Saturn wins.

sugarman wrote: »
    You do realise a large portion are from California, Florida etc.. Where even now in winter its still 30degrees of pure sun?

Within 3 weeks I was like a brown leather sofa!

But they're also on the road in various cities and climates for 300 days a year so it doesnt really matter where they're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think it was Ziggler said on the AOW Podcast that he is legit scared about developing skin cancer due to the need for wrestlers to have a tan as part of the look.

I'm fairly sure spray tan was banned the second HD came in. Kennedy and Michaels were wearing it one night on Raw and it looked horrendous.

That said I think tanning is something that has always gone hand-in-hand with bodybuilding. GTL (Gym, Tan, Laundry)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Taz, in one scene in the Paul Heyman documentary, is the darkest I've seen when it comes to tanning. Now Taz is sallow enough as is, but he's sitting beside Tommy Dreamer, and he looks legit African American, almost like Robert Downey Jnr in Tropic Thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well that is the colour of Taz's skin anyway, isn't it? I always assumed that he was mixed race. Fair play to Sheamus for not getting caught up in all of that and making it part of the gimmick.

Well that is the colour of Taz's skin anyway, isn't it? I always assumed that he was mixed race. Fair play to Sheamus for not getting caught up in all of that and making it part of the gimmick.

If Sheamus did a sunbed he'd die instantly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tanning in wrestling originates from tanning in bodybuilding. Your skin looks more 'healthy' and you will appear more defined with a tan. Throw in some babyoil too and you'll further appear more defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

http://kbrocking.com/2010/08/26/report-wwe-superstar-sheamus-finally-explains-why-he-dont-tan/
    “I can’t get a tan, to be honest with you. I get bright red, then I get white again. [laughs] I can’t actually get a tan, but what’s funny is it has definitely helped me stand out from day one. Just being different — not being tan, not having the short hair or the long hair like everybody else, my Irish accent — there are a lot of different things that put me in the right place at the right time, and I knew if I got the opportunity, I’d take it. That’s what I’ve done from day one. You give me an opportunity, I’ll run a mile.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Turtyturd wrote: »
    HHH is fairly bad.

Weren't spray tans banned due to the switch to HD.

Tanning in wrestling originates from tanning in bodybuilding. Your skin looks more 'healthy' and you will appear more defined with a tan. Throw in some babyoil too and you'll further appear more defined.

Im also presuming many American gyms have sunbeds on their premises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

For anybody who hasn't seen wrestling road diaries too (it's hillarious), Luke Gallows does a funny schtick with the whole Tanning (both bed and spray) and the use of Baby Oil calling is "Phisique enhancer"

I have to say Orton was the biggest oil culprit going! He just looked wet and pretty nasty

Advertisement