Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens after a crash?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thanks all for the advice. I went to the Garda station yesterday to report the accident and found out that a car from another station arrived on the scene after I left, so I just needed to give a statement. I've also arranged to meet with my solicitor next week who will take it from there.

It'll be a long time before I'll be able to get back on a bike unfortunately though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

AdMMM wrote: »
    <ship>

It'll be a long time before I'll be able to get back on a bike unfortunately though.

That's a bummer. :(

Get well soon though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,496 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, have they given you an idea as to how long you will be off the bike? Obviously it partly depends on which bones are broken and how bad they are but I've tended to target getting back on the bike once I get any plaster cast removed (although I would always take any medical advice received on the matter - my "tactics" have tended to involve not asking the question, not that I would suggest anyone else takes such an approach:D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hope you mend soon op. Had a similar close call myself this week at the grand hotel in malahide with a taxi driver. Naturally it was all my fault according to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭SERCPRO

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Had an accident today, although only minor. I was hit by a car while cycling across a pedestrian crossing in a car park at work. He didn't stop accelerating until I was knocked off the bike. As I was coming off the bike and he was still accelerating I thought he was going to run me over.

An ambulance and Gardai were called and i gave my details. The Garda gave me his contact number so I'll call him once I'm out of the hospital.

I've had to get an xray on my knee and ankle and I'm currently waiting the results. I'm currently looking at a €100 hospital bill, at least a days wages and possibly a crash assessment from a shop. I'll be calling the Garda once I'm out to let him know what the story is and take it from there.

I can't afford to pay for this mess, I was already in the hospital last month for dehydration. I'm assuming the next course of action is CCTV, so I might need to mention it to security. They were all very helpful. If the driver is confirmed in the wrong, I'm assuming o then contact their insurance company, if they have one.

I don't think he even asked if I was ok, too concerned about talking to his missus in their native language when she came back out to him.

Hopefully I'm not left with a massive debt as well as a sore leg

You shouldn't be left with any bills or debt if the other party was in the wrong . Make sure you have their details and get a solicitor to deal with the other party. It will go the the PIAB and usually an offer will be made by the other Insurance company. Best of luck with it. Get well soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement