Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing scooter seat lock

Options
  • 27-01-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to replace a seat-lockset on my scooter and want to know what is the quickest way to get the old lock out? What would a locksmith do? Drill it?

If someone knows of a locksmith in the Midlands who can work with removing a seat lock (I have the new lockset and have already replaced the ignition myself), then I'd be delighted to hear.

Or if you're a DIY type and knows how I can remove the locked seat-lock. Drill it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Hiya,
    What make and model of scooter is it? Why did you replace the ignition already? Is the bike nicked or what? :D

Seriously though you can pop the saddle with a certain type of screwdriver sometimes if you know what you're doing. I've had to do it to customers scooters in the past when they had either lost or snapped the key on the lock beforehand.

safe scooting, Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Hiya,
    What make and model of scooter is it? Why did you replace the ignition already? Is the bike nicked or what? :D

Seriously though you can pop the saddle with a certain type of screwdriver sometimes if you know what you're doing. I've had to do it to customers scooters in the past when they had either lost or snapped the key on the lock beforehand.

safe scooting, Tom.

Thanks Tom :D

Na, its not nicked but sometimes I wish someone would!

Appreciate the advice and will try that. Had it left with a dealer as a demo. They decided its not for them, I've decided to ride it privately. 2nd time they lost the keys. Its on its 3rd ignition and, soon to be 3rd seat lock! Then all I need is for it to stop raining or snowing.

Will try your fix. Appreciated

Advertisement