Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no nct

Options
  • 21-02-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

i was stopped in oct last yr for no nct i went home and applied instantly for it and got a date for 5 days later i rang station to say i had a date within a hour of getting caught and was told the garda would ring me but i didnt hear anything i then handed in the sheet showin it had failed on one thing and was told i would be rang but i still didnt hear anything i was wondering if i will be summoned and long till i hear? i passed on second time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're wasting your time talking to anyone except the Garda who stopped you, nobody else in that Garda station gives a sh1te about the case. Find out when he's on duty and go and talk to him and show him the cert if you think it will make a difference. He has six months to issue a summons against you so you might not receive the summons until May if he is going to prosecute you.

On the general principal of running off and getting the NCT sorted just because you've been stopped, if that trick worked nobody would bother getting an NCT until they were stopped by the Gardai so while you may think that you deserve to get a second chance, the Garda probably won't take the same view and I would agree with him.

BTW, if you posted this on the Motoring forum you won't get much sympathy either, there's a lot of people riding high horses over there.

Advertisement