Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blue screen of death (Samsung Q210)

Options
  • 04-12-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi Everyone.

Well the blue screen of death has taken over the laptop and i've done some troubleshooting of my own to no avail. To make things worse i can't find the recovery disk so anybody know where i could pick one up?

I can't go into safe mode with the hard drive left in so thats telling me its a hardware issue....or is it?

When i take the Hard drive out i can go into safe mode but it doesn't fully load into Windows...it gets stuck on the windows loading screen and eventually times out to the blue screen.

The laptop is about 4 years old at this stage but i really can't afford to buy a new one at the moment! :(

Any help would be appreciated before i take the plunge and bring it to a shop.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

There is no way for it to boot with the HD out. I suggest you google Hirens boot cd and use that to boot and test your hardware or do a virus scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

"can't afford to buy a new one at the moment!"

some shops offer Buy now Pay later? like Argos where you pay 10% of the laptop price now and the rest goes until May 2013 without interest fee.

and 10% is some €50 of €500 laptop which is the minimum cost for you bringing the old laptop to repair shop.

Hirens Boot CD is good thing to give it a try ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

freestyla wrote: »
    "can't afford to buy a new one at the moment!"

some shops offer Buy now Pay later? like Argos where you pay 10% of the laptop price now and the rest goes until May 2013 without interest fee.

and 10% is some €50 of €500 laptop which is the minimum cost for you bringing the old laptop to repair shop.

Hirens Boot CD is good thing to give it a try ^^

Must check that out...thanks a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

MrMischief wrote: »
    Must check that out...thanks a lot!!

Tested recently, works charm :)

You open an credit account with Creation.co.uk where you login whenever you want to pay whatever amount.

There is 22% interest fee in case you didn't settle the credit in the next 6 months.

Advertisement