Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for an i pad

• 03-12-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi people my daughter is starting 1st year in september and the school is introducing i pads which is a great idea.
    the question is which one the apple i pad is the favourite of the school at 399 euro
    i have come across one called archos 9.7 screen and 16g not sure what that means
    the tec guy in the shop says this is as good as the apple at a cost of 256 euro
    please help not upto date with i pads and this has to last 3 years any help would be great. there books will be downloaded at a cost of coarse and some web serching that all it will be used for and storing notes.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If the school is going to be using iPads, I would imagine they will be using iPad apps. Coming in with some off the wall tablet just wont work. In this case you're just going to have to go with what the school has said.

And the guy in the shop is having an absolute laugh if he thinks a crappy archos tablet is anywhere near as good as an iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Agreed, the guy in the shop sounds like a dodgy case, especially if he knew you needed it for school. You'll have to go down the ipad route I think, first port of call should be to ask the school what type of iPad you need (1,2,3) and if they have some sort of discount. If not you can get refurbished ipads from apple afaik

Advertisement