Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont know how this is good for Ireland.

Options
  • 26-02-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Mick Wallace(Builder) & Ming Flannagan(Dope Fiend) elected..Willie O'Dea corrupt politician..FF'rs running as independants..more corruption..Shane Ross..all this guy is going to do is talk shyte. We as are nation are f*cked..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mick Wallace was the lone voice of developers who criticised the building standards and greed of the other developers from the start so no problem there. Shane Ross is an excellent contribution, he has been at the forefront highlighting the scandals that has gone on within the govt and the system that is rotten.

And O'Dea/Lowry, agreed there. You get what you vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Mick Wallace(Builder) & Ming Flannagan(Dope Fiend) elected..Willie O'Dea corrupt politician..FF'rs running as independants..more corruption..Shane Ross..all this guy is going to do is talk shyte. We as are nation are f*cked..

We were ****ed before the election, here's hoping for a better future. They can rant all they like in the back benches of the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

people can vote for whoever they want
    its called a democracy

and to some people, local issues outweight national issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

No problem with Ming Flanagan either not afraid to say what he thinks unlike a lot of other politicians. He's quite an intelligent guy with well thought out ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Wallace is the 'Ryanair O'Leary' of the Construction world. I would reckon he'd make a great Minister for finance ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Ming Flannagan(Dope Fiend) .

wanna try to point out how dope is bad for you????? delighted too see Ming elected so there can be a proper discussion about legalisation of cannabis in Ireland... not that FG are going to support it but at least it might get some people to open their mind on the topic such as yourself OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

good post,but a lad who smokes weed is no big deal.they all grow there own stuff in tthat part of the country so no dirty drugdealers making money,

let em be i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ming Flannagan(Dope Fiend)

002dd2c4.gif

Well at least you spelled dope correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

look up Ming Flanagan's website.
    Cannabis legalisation is not part of his agenda anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    look up Ming Flanagan's website.
    Cannabis legalisation is not part of his agenda anymore.

he's trying to save the bog now..isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

he's trying to save the bog now..isn't he?

Yeah, the turf cutting issue would have won him a lot of votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Legalising weed would probably have more pros than cons.
    Its a topic that really should be discussed more. (and properly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

What I'm more worried about with all these independents getting elected, is that there may be no strong, well-coordinated opposition to hold the Government to account. I mean think about it, if the only two large parties are now FG and Labour, and they are in Government, who are the opposition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

What I'm more worried about with all these independents getting elected, is that there may be no strong, well-coordinated opposition to hold the Government to account. I mean think about it, if the only two large parties are now FG and Labour, and they are in Government, who are the opposition?

Yeah thats true, Sinn Fein will probably become bigger again over next few years as a main opposition. But at present theres no strong solid opposition really.

Seems to be a good few ind getting high votes indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

Michael Martin and Brian Lenihan, to name but two.
    I'm sure Gerry will give them a hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wonder how many debates Ming will take part in the Dail where he'll suddenly get up in the middle off them because he has the munchies :D

NewHillel wrote: »
    Michael Martin and Brian Lenihan, to name but two.
    I'm sure Gerry will give them a hand...

OK, maybe I should have phrased it differently.

Is there any group of large, co-ordinated group of competent people to hold the government to account? I would like the quality of debate in the Dáil to be high. A debate isn't good simply because it's robust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 effemall

Any number of independents and small parties will be an improvement on the opposition (or lack of) of the last 14 years

Do you think independents and small loads of different small parties can co-ordinate well enough? I can see it being a situation where they ask a good question in their few seconds of speaking time, an answer is given and then the Government are off the hook on that one unless there is somebody else willing to take up the issue using their speaking time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

PatrickD32 wrote: »
    Legalising weed would probably have more pros than cons.
    Its a topic that really should be discussed more. (and properly)

The Scottish turn a blind eye to weed growing. They think it could be worth around 10 bn to the Scottish economy. In other words their major industry.

The Canadians make billions for it, so do the Dutch.

What else do we have we can sell? Turf? Spuds?

• Advertisement
Advertisement