Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't want to be associated with this....

Options
  • 22-02-2011 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Just a quick one for ya guys....

This may be slightly vague to avoid giving too much away and making someone identifiable (there is a big investigation going on at the moment).

My company is a very respected event audio provider. We provided the sound for a small festival 2 years ago. I got a mention and link to my website on the festival's website's link page under Crew. I was very proud of the job we did on the festival and was delighted to be associated with such a success.

But in the last 6 months, this website has turned into a medium to promote Cannabis. Blog posts and video's etc etc etc on the site claim that Cannabis is great and should be legalized. I really do not want to be associated with this any more, as I do not hold the same views.

So I sent this email on 08/02/11:
    I have noticed that there is a link to AMP Sound Systems from ******.com. I also notice there is a lot of reference to drugs on the site. I do not condone drug use and do not want to be associated with any form of illegal activity, therefore I would really appreciate if you could remove all mentions of AMP Sound Systems from your website.

Thanks in advance,
    Eoin

I have got no response, and the link is still there. The person in question has had his/her house raided by the Gardaí on suspicion of drug cultivation and there is a huge investigation going on at the moment. I have nothing to hide, but would prefer to not even have the hassle of the Gardaí wondering why I have any association with this person! And secondly, I would hate my business to be linked to any sort of illegal activity - where it is clearly not!

I was considering printing the email, and bringing it to the Garda station that is investigating it (which happens to be my local station anyway) and getting them to sign and date it acknowledging that they are aware of my wishes to no longer be associated with this person.

Would they have any power to get it removed? Or am I reading into this too much? Is one link really going to damage my (spic and span) reputation with the Gardaí or potential customers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Eoin,

You could try their hosting company, I'm sure they wouldn't want be associated with it either so they may look favorably at it, although they may be able to do nothing but its worth a shot. The hosting company is webhost.ie (4948034) by the way

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

Hey smokiebeverage!

Thanks for the reply! That is certainly worth a try, and something I never thought about! I will give them a buzz in the morning!
    The hosting company is webhost.ie (4948034) by the way

Just wondering though, how did you find out the host? I could find it out as I know the URL, but I never mentioned it in the post! Are you aware of the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

AMPSound wrote: »
    Just wondering though, how did you find out the host? I could find it out as I know the URL, but I never mentioned it in the post! Are you aware of the case?

I'll PM you the details as I'm sure to don't want to advertise the site in question here

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

I'm sure to don't want to advertise the site in question here

Definitely! I was worried that I had already said too much!

I look forward to the PM.

Thanks a million.

Advertisement