Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Sabbath Appreciation Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I would like to see them ,as they're a legendary band I've never seen, but can Ozzy hack it these days?

€90+ is a lot to pay if he sounds really bad.

I thought he was great when I saw him in the Point, but that must have been 10 years ago now.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Somnus wrote: »
    I would like to see them ,as they're a legendary band I've never seen, but can Ozzy hack it these days?

€90+ is a lot to pay if he sounds really bad.

I thought he was great when I saw him in the Point, but that must have been 10 years ago now.

They were excellent in Belfast a couple of years ago;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Saw them in Belfast and Ozzy was way better than I expected.

Band were very good. Can't see myself missing the gig in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Totally disgusted with these prices but i'm not entirely surprised, especially as that bitch $harron is still involved with the bands management.

Since the 70's the fans have made the band what they are today, they've supported them so they can have the nice mansions, the nice cars, the swimming pools, the columbian marching powder, all that crap.

Now it's all coming to an end (supposedly, i'm not too sure) this just smacks of "Let's get the last piece of blood out of the fans now"

Well fcuk you sabbath, fcuk you $harron, i aint paying them prices, this will never sell out, unlike you twats who sold out a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

scudzilla wrote: »
    Totally disgusted with these prices but i'm not entirely surprised, especially as that bitch $harron is still involved with the bands management.

Since the 70's the fans have made the band what they are today, they've supported them so they can have the nice mansions, the nice cars, the swimming pools, the columbian marching powder, all that crap.

Now it's all coming to an end (supposedly, i'm not too sure) this just smacks of "Let's get the last piece of blood out of the fans now"

Well fcuk you sabbath, fcuk you $harron, i aint paying them prices, this will never sell out, unlike you twats who sold out a long time ago

not entirely the bands fault on pricing. theres a long list of parties that all want a piece of the pie including, band, management, promoter, venue, contractors, insurers etc etc etc. 100 is ridiculous though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    not entirely the bands fault on pricing. theres a long list of parties that all want a piece of the pie including, band, management, promoter, venue, contractors, insurers etc etc etc. 100 is ridiculous though

it is ENTIRELY down to the band and their management on the pricing, if they were to tell the promotors that the max ticket price was to be 70euro then that's what it would be

scudzilla wrote: »
    it is ENTIRELY down to the band and their management on the pricing, if they were to tell the promotors that the max ticket price was to be 70euro then that's what it would be

not at all. all big business im afraid. everybody wants their pound of flesh. nobody would be willing to give on their fees, including band and management, so the customer ends up paying the lot. sounds like the whole tour is damn expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah caught them at a few shows over the last few years, Ozzy can be hit and miss but he was never the most gifted vocally anyway, music on the other hand always exceptional.

Seeing them next week I'll decide after then if it shall be my last

Yeah caught them at a few shows over the last few years, Ozzy can be hit and miss but he was never the most gifted vocally anyway, music on the other hand always exceptional.

Seeing them next week I'll decide after then if it shall be my last

let us know how that goes. i ll more than likely go to the dublin gig if i can get a ticket and the fact that ive never seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I was supposed to see them In Sweden in 2012 but Tony got sick and the proper gig didn't go ahead. Think I'll regret it if I don't see them this time.
    I haven't been keeping up to date but is Geezer Butler still not touring with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

let us know how that goes. i ll more than likely go to the dublin gig if i can get a ticket and the fact that ive never seen them

Will do

Tickets to the Belfast gig the last time were about £55 iirc , Ozzy at a point at said gig wailed to the crowd "Hello Dublin!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Bill Ward is revered in drummers circles and rightfully so. I'd pick nobody else for the job.

Elemonator wrote: »
    Bill Ward is revered in drummers circles and rightfully so. I'd pick nobody else for the job.

pity hes not involved. fantastic drummer. its not really black sabbath without him

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I thought Ray Gillen was good on the vocals for his brief stint (going by the seventh star album live performances). Yet to hear Ian Gillan and Tony Martin on the vocals. The band had a bit of a revolving door policy for a while

Ozzy and dio were hard acts to follow.

Anyone get a 3 pre-sale code yet ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

pity hes not involved. fantastic drummer. its not really black sabbath without him

I agree. He was a big cornerstone of their sound. He was a jazz trained drummer if I am not mistaken. The guy they have now (look up Paranoid Live in Birmingham) is good but he just doesn't have that feel Bill had.

I hope to see Bill involved again but you never know these days, the band supposedly treated him like crap. They made him fly out to LA for an audition even though he had played with them before, told him he didn't get the part and made him pay for his own travel. But Ozzy disputes all that publicly and makes some counter accusations. So it may be a while before we see Bill with BS again.........if ever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Is there any presale offers in advance of the tickets on sale Fri next?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Is there any presale offers in advance of the tickets on sale Fri next?

the 3pre sale starts at 9am on Weds 15th June. Nothing on the 3plus app about the gig yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the 3pre sale starts at 9am on Weds 15th June. Nothing on the 3plus app about the gig yet

I'm not a 3 customer but if someone would like to share the preorder code I'd be much obliged.

=)

I'm not a 3 customer but if someone would like to share the preorder code I'd be much obliged.

=)

x2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

=)

x3 please if anyone has one :)

• Advertisement

Didn't realise my wife was a 3 customer so got two general admission tickets this morning.

Just over €100 each incl booking fee.

=)

Listening to some Ozzy solo stuff. Some great songs but some very bad too

Hope we get a full black Sabbath documentary when they finish the tour

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Listening to some Ozzy solo stuff. Some great songs but some very bad too

Hope we get a full black Sabbath documentary when they finish the tour

Did you see the God Bless Ozzy Osbourne doc that Jack made?

Really enjoyed it, certainly doesn't pull any punches wrt his conduct over the years.

A full Sabbath review would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

So did this actually sell out?
    Checked the 3 presale page and it's gone already -.-

So did this actually sell out?
    Checked the 3 presale page and it's gone already -.-

AFAIK there are only a limited amount of tickets available for the pre sale so if you get online for 9 tomorrow you should be sound.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got standing tickets on ticketmaster no problem.

seems like theres plenty of tickets there

Plenty still available 3.30pm...so not a quick sell out esp at those prices! :eek:

Meet & greet 1351....hahahaha

BronsonTB wrote:
    Meet & greet 1351....hahahaha

I'd say it'll be a fairly lonely and quite meet and greet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Got my ticket yesterday after all. Early birthday present. Really looking forward to it now.

Advertisement