Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your Passion?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Travelling and having great adventures in the outdoors. I spent 9 months in Alaska over the last two years and I now intend to aim my life in the direction of a northern boreal forest somehow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

I don't agree with that at all. Most people don't take up tri until they are into thier late 20s / early 30s and it can be very technical. My co-Mod did her first tri at 33 and is now one of teh country's top female Ironman triathletes as well as one of it's top ultra runners. I didn't run properly until I was 33 and I've taken 1:23 off my marathon time since then (I've just turned 37). I also took up MA in my mid 30s and I'm going through the grades at a comfortable pace. You're *never* too old to take up a new activity.

As to the OP - my passion is running. On a rest between training cycles at the moment but will be racing the Vienna marathon in April, hoping for 2:55. I run 5 - 7 times a week and Mod on here, mentor other runners (online and in "real life") and I've started writing a book about it.
    Interesting about taking up triathlon at 33. Well the reason why I said about not throwing yourself into Martial Arts too hard at 30 plus is I read an article saying it could be dangerous for your heart etc if a person who hasn't trained for years takes up a sport in their late 30's or 40's and goes to hard at it, that the body will not be conditioned to it as teh person who has trained all their life. But you and that woman disprove that one !!!

Randy Couture held the Ultimate Fighting Championship Heavyweight title at 45 years of age. Their's hope for us yet ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

Reading. I love reading. Am so addicted to reading I would rather read than eat... frequently have in fact. Where I buy my books the guy calculated my book collecting for a year and it came to 5,300 eur :o He banned me from said shop until I got a life.

Advertisement