Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threading - pennys

• 24-07-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

So, I just saw today that Penny's have a beauty bar in their store. Any feedback on eyebrow threading there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I haven't had threading done there but the nailbar is excellent. Some of the best and most affordable nails I've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I haven't had threading done there but the nailbar is excellent. Some of the best and most affordable nails I've ever had.

I had my eyebrows threaded and they did a great job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Which penneys?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Seriously?????? :eek: omgomgomgomg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Which penneys?

Think it's the one on Mary Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It's Penneys Mary street.

I've had it done four times in there (only seven euro).

First three times, they did a fab job. Last time, they butchered me. Guess it depends on which lady does it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's Penneys Mary street.

I've had it done four times in there (only seven euro).

First three times, they did a fab job. Last time, they butchered me. Guess it depends on which lady does it!

Do they do tinting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

xzanti wrote: »
    Do they do tinting?

Yep, think it's 14 euro for a thread and tint. Haven't had them tinted there (I get them tinted in Tru Beauty in the Ilac, but they seem to do a good job from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Yet to try them for brows but I thought I would second the nail recommendation! Got a gel polish there for €17 and I nearly got 2 weeks out of it. I'm hard on my hands so I usually only get 7-9 days out of a gel polish before at least 1 chip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I have gotten my eyebrows tinted and threaded there since the beauty place opened. I get my lashes tinted as well, all for €19. I find it great. I got gel polish there and within three days I had three massive cracks/ chips. Got them redone and two days later I had three big chips on other nails.
    I won't be getting them done there again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Has anyone been to the brow bar in Penneys Mary Street? It's difficult to find any recent reviews online! Threading and tinting is only €14, half the price of what I usually pay, so interested in giving it a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Some in this thread have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Threads merged.

Oops sorry, did a search and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Got my eyebrows threaded here today. I'm happy enough. Just wanted a tidy up and that went fine.

I've only ever had my eyebrows threaded by one person before (get them done every 4 weeks) so I was a little worried. I have to say they stung for a while afterwards which has never happened before but they settled down after a while so I think they're ok. At €7 that's less than half what I usually pay. Queues weren't too long (10 minutes) and it was convenient just to get them done on the spot instead of having to book weeks in advance like I usually do.

Good to hear, I'm heading in there this afternoon for threading and tinting. It's only €8 less than what I'd pay in a place I love on Stephen's green (which is much closer to work) but I have stuff to do over that side of town so said I'd give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Yet to try them for brows but I thought I would second the nail recommendation! Got a gel polish there for €17 and I nearly got 2 weeks out of it. I'm hard on my hands so I usually only get 7-9 days out of a gel polish before at least 1 chip!

Was the gel polish hard to remove?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Yeah but sure aren't all gel polishes? I soak cotton wool in acetone, put it on my nails, wrap them in tinfoil and then leave them for about 15 mins. I think they'll take it off for you in penneys for about a fiver though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I was there today too (could have been sitting beside you Arlessienne). Had eyebrows threaded and tinted, lip and chin threaded all for €24.
    Didn't have to queue and very pleased with the results.

I was there today :D there were a few people ahead of me but the turnaround is very fast. Was there at about 4 and only had to wait less than 10 mins. Really happy with the result, she was very thorough. After threading, she trimmed with a scissors, and tweezed, and I could see all the other threaders doing the same. Very good value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Orange Buttercat

I was there today :D there were a few people ahead of me but the turnaround is very fast. Was there at about 4 and only had to wait less than 10 mins. Really happy with the result, she was very thorough. After threading, she trimmed with a scissors, and tweezed, and I could see all the other threaders doing the same. Very good value for money.

Nice review! I think I'll give them a try. I usually go to a place in St. Stephen's Green, 12 euro for threading there. Have always been happy with them but Mary Street is closer and 7 euro helps the pocketbook!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

This isn't in Cork yet, by any chance?

Advertisement