Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redness on my face

• 28-07-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37

Hi guys- Iv suffered from acne pretty much since my teens. I'm looking for something to ease the pigmentation in my face I cant seem to get rid of the redness in my face. I use the 3 step clearogen process at the moment and while it keeps my acne at bay the redness is till there. Any products anyone has found useful for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I feel your pain, I have facial redness too, it's something I've been self conscious of since my teens.
    Can I ask is the redness due mainly to acne scarring or is it from the blood vessels under your skin being more visible?
    It may be that this could be best treated by a dermatologist - have you been to one at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Korranco wrote: »
    Hi guys- Iv suffered from acne pretty much since my teens. I'm looking for something to ease the pigmentation in my face I cant seem to get rid of the redness in my face. I use the 3 step clearogen process at the moment and while it keeps my acne at bay the redness is till there. Any products anyone has found useful for this?

Have you tried any natural products?
    I suffered from Rosacea fornearly 10 years until I cleaned up my diet last year.
    I got a facial off a girl that someone recommended here and she made me a custom blend of oils that really helped my skin. Especially across my nose.
    I find when I'm tired I still get some redness but it's pretty much okay now.
    Diet is such a big factor though and worrying about it doesn't help.
    Stress affects my skin so so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have this too, I used to alway get big spots on my chin which were gross but you could cover them up, now I have loads of tiny little pimples on my forehead and on my cheeks and the total result is that I look ruddy all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Lux23 wrote: »
    I have this too, I used to alway get big spots on my chin which were gross but you could cover them up, now I have loads of tiny little pimples on my forehead and on my cheeks and the total result is that I look ruddy all the time.

Are they little white pimples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I found the most AMAZING PRODUCT for this!

http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/clear-extra-strength-anti-redness-exfoliating-solution.html

I am really delighted with myself as my skin had been quite 'ruddy' (like a farmer) and I HATED it. I had tried an Image brightening serum for a while but this is much better. You have to buy it online I think but it has done amazing things for me. I wouldn't leave the house before without BB cream or something on, but now my skin is a 'normal' colour again. I have sensitive skin (which I think is what the redness was from) and have had no reaction to this. Also, ithas really cleared up any old scars from spots etc.

I am currently using the whole range, cleanser, this and the moisturiser. All very affordable espc considering how long they last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I've heard great things about Paula's Choice products, must check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation @Teyla Emmagan.
    I find that spicy food, alcohol (red wine in particular) and stress make my rosacea worse. I had laser treatment done which worked brilliantly, but sadly it's not a permanent solution & it is expensive to get done especially with a dermatologist.
    I also take Imedeen but I've only been on it 1 month so it's too early to see results yet.

rustyzip wrote: »
    Are they little white pimples?

I suppose so, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Lux23 wrote: »
    I suppose so, why?

To me lots of tiny spots sounds like a reaction to something. There are a few sun creams I can't use or they bring me out in a rash of little pimples. Can you link them to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

I find la Roche posay serozinc facial spray excellent for helping clear up skin and reduce redness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I find rosehip oil after cleansing at night amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've suffered from hormonal related breakouts which left me with giant red blotches below my lip on my chin

Rosehip oil and LRP Effaclar were added to my skincare routine two months ago and I now have no redness

The residual scars/lumps have also gone.

Rosehip oil, Marula oil, Seabuckthorn oil, and carrot seed oil are all amazing for calming redness and evening out skintone.

To me lots of tiny spots sounds like a reaction to something. There are a few sun creams I can't use or they bring me out in a rash of little pimples. Can you link them to anything?

Not really, I have been using the same products for years. Unless of course I am suddenly allergic. Its possible.

Advertisement