Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New laptop needed (under 700 if possible)

Options
  • 22-03-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

My current laptop is slowly dying & I need to think about replacements. I would like to have a laptop that I could play the likes of Sims3 and Football Manager 2015 as my current one can't play it.

Can anyone give me any recommendations? I am a bit clueless about specs of computers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

The requirements for both these games are pretty minimal and both should run on laptops with Intel i3 or i5 chips which have HD4000 graphics - even better on 4th generation i3/i5 chips (cpu number starts with 4 eg i5-4200u). Modern Pentium chips can match the processing performance of the i3 or even the i5 but their integrated graphics capability is not as good so I would stick with an i3 or i5 processor unless there is a decent independent gpu (graphics processor). The good news is that you should be able to pick up a laptop with 4th generation Intel i5 processor for under €500 - or around the €300 mark on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Was in Currys, Carrickmines yesterday and saw an Acer V5 with i5-4200u for €470 - not a bad buy for anyone looking for a 4th gen i5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Furzy wrote: »
    Was in Currys, Carrickmines yesterday and saw an Acer V5 with i5-4200u for €470 - not a bad buy for anyone looking for a 4th gen i5.

Can't really see that one online. I will keep an eye out as I can't afford to pay a huge amount :(

Advertisement