Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will Petrol be coming down here in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I've seen petrol below 1.26 in North Kerry / West Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

saw it up in newry for less than 1£ at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

according to http://pumps.ie/ its already down at 120.9 at various places across the country

methinks you need to find the use of the internet and compare prices and go somewhere cheaper for your fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Well we're Damn close to it in fairness, i think lower in some parts of the country.
    I think we're matching the UK well.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Newonhere

I paid 1.27 this morning in Gormanston Applegreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I've seen petrol below 1.26 in North Kerry / West Limerick.

Yup, saw it as low as 1.25 between Killarney and Limerick at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just seen today Petrol has fallen in the UK to just under a £1 a Litre at some garages - will it fall down to a lower price (to around €1.28 a litre) any time soon here?

http://news.sky.com/story/1406405/petrol-at-1-a-litre-but-not-at-supermarkets

Duty is applied differently here in Ireland than in the UK. Hence Diesel is cheaper here than petrol, and vice versa in the UK.

None the less petrol is already cheaper here. Current exchange rate according to bank of ireland
    € to £ = 0.758

Lowest priced petrol per litre on pumps.ie
    =Esso, N25, Tarrabridge
    or TopSexton Street, Abbeyside
    both at 120.9c
    120.9 * 0.758= 91.64c.
    That's a whole 8 cents cheaper
    In fact once it is less than 131.5 per litre it will be cheaper than the UK price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 the phantom worker

Just in case anyone is passing through Dungarvan, the Top station on Sexton Street isn't even open yet so you'll have trouble getting your fuel there!

The Esso garage at Tarrabridge is not attended, you pop your card into the pump and select how much petrol/diesel you want. No-one actually working there so that probably helps keep the cost down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Esso Dungarvan is 120.9 for petrol, cheapest I've seen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I was delighted paying 126 there yesterday....should have waited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I was delighted paying 126 there yesterday....should have waited!

Had the same happen me in Newbridge last time I was down.
    Filled up at McLoughlins @ 126.9, next day it was down at 118.9...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Petrol & Diesel has been in free fall for the last few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Esso Dungarvan is 120.9 for petrol, cheapest I've seen.

Actually noticed that service stations around Waterford appear to be ahead of the loop when it comes to dropping their prices. Was in Trim, Co Meath last tuesday and noticed petrol at 139.9, that evening got petrol in Ferrybank at 124.9.

Duiske wrote: »
    Actually noticed that service stations around Waterford appear to be ahead of the loop when it comes to dropping their prices. Was in Trim, Co Meath last tuesday and noticed petrol at 139.9, that evening got petrol in Ferrybank at 124.9.
    Trim Navan and Kells are awful for fuel prices.
    Absolutely awful.
    Consistently 10+cpl dearer than most other places. I drive a fair bit daily so I can fill up in Dublin or in Kildare but filling up in meath is a pain around Navan/Trim/Kells/Slane it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's 123.9 in Ratoath (Fairyhouse Road) in two garages (Spar / Maxol) and Brady's (Esso). Oh and the Gala on the Ratoath Road, same price.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Im out doing some work in Texas atm. "Gas" is $1.76 a gallon here.
    About 39cent a liter. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 64,925 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Paid 124.8 today in Applegreen Crumlin, probably one of the cheaper places in Dublin

I remember paying around the 120 about 7-8 years ago. Pretty sure it hasn't been this close to 120 in many years

• Registered Users Posts: 64,925 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Im out doing some work in Texas atm. "Gas" is $1.76 a gallon here.
    About 39cent a liter. Madness

Pfft. In Venezuela it is about 1.4c a liter (not a typo!) :)

unkel wrote: »
    Pfft. In Venezuela it is about 1.4c a liter (not a typo!) :)

Are you in Venezuela? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Cheapest petrol I've seen is 127.9 and Diesel 118.9. Don't see it falling much lower thanks to tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I saw diesel at 113.9 lastnight. I'd be afraid there's something wrong with it at that price :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

What price was it a year ago? Can't remember?

What price was it a year ago? Can't remember?

Diesel was €1.489 on the 01/01/2014 according to my fuel app.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

€50 to fill my car, haven't seen that in a few years :) happy days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

So obviously the petrol prices have been dropping nicely over the last few months.

Does anyone have any idea if the prices are going to keep dropping here in Ireland ? and when will it stop dropping ?

Just wondering will we ever see a euro a litre :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

price should be a lot lower than a euro next week or the week after but I think there is price fixing going on, we have had cheap oil for a number of months now.

Cheap oil will be on offer until the fracking companies are bankcrupt in the likes of Canada and and US. Main reason for the price drop is a number of weeks ago one of the exploration companies announced that it would survive once the barrel price stayed above 80 dollars, hence the opec countries flooding the market with cheap oil. We could be looking at cheap oil under 80 dollars for the foreseeable future, but who knows. There has been massive redundancies in oil businesses globally as the middle east tries to regain market leadership and dominance.

€1/L would break down to:
    23c VAT
    approx 60c excise/duty/carbontax
    17petrol

Guessing at 2-5c/L for the station - so approx petrol costing 12c/L for the seller.

Sounds a little unlikely that it would go a lot lower than €1/L , but we live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Theres no reason why it shouldn't drop to below that, its 45 dollars a barrel now, we are being ripped off now more than when it was at its peak.

we need to remove some of the tax!
    Now it's over 60% bloody tax at the pumps.

• Advertisement

uh-oh maths fail in my first post!

€1/L
    VAT = ~19c
    Pretax Petrol = ~81c
    Duty etc = ~60c
    Pre tax, pre duty Petrol = 21c/L

Basically the government are ripping us off more than any sheikh. Due to duties etc, the pretax pre duty price of petrol would have to halve to bring it to €1 for us at the pump, and almost halve again to go to €0.90. (Assuming no more maths fails!)

€1.23/L
    VAT 23c
    Pretax Petrol = €1
    duty etc ~60c
    Pretax pre duty petrol = 40c

€0.90/L
    VAT~17c
    Pretax Petrol ~ 73c
    duty etc ~60c
    Pretax pre duty petrol ~ 13c

Advertisement