Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banging noise from boiler... advice

Options
  • 06-10-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Put the stove (with back boiler and electric pump) on for the first time since last winter, after about 2-3 hours the boiler made banging noises but none of the radiators were hot. Decided not to take any chances and ran all the hot taps until cold, the water was very hot.

Should I give it another try tonight or get someone in to have a look?

Thanks,
    jh79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

jh79 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Put the stove (with back boiler and electric pump) on for the first time since last winter, after about 2-3 hours the boiler made banging noises but none of the radiators were hot. Decided not to take any chances and ran all the hot taps until cold, the water was very hot.

Should I give it another try tonight or get someone in to have a look?

Thanks,
    jh79
    My money's on the pump is jammed.
    Undo the front bleed nut put a screwdriver inside and turn the spline with it

Advertisement