Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement boiler for potterson profile 50e

Options
  • 02-10-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

as the title says i need to replace my boiler. its an open vented system with 2 zones and hot water cylinder controls fitted.

i applied for the grant and i got approved but I'm wondering what boiler to get and what questions to ask when getting a quote.

what kind of prices i should be getting and what price is to low to be true.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

as the title says i need to replace my boiler. its an open vented system with 2 zones and hot water cylinder controls fitted.

i applied for the grant and i got approved but I'm wondering what boiler to get and what questions to ask when getting a quote.

what kind of prices i should be getting and what price is to low to be true.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Ariston, viessmann or Worcester bosch. If the total price is below 1700 then corners are being cut. Expect a price of around 2k. Make sure that includes a powerflush

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

i was quoted 2200 for glow warm with power-flush so-posed to have a 5yr parts and labour warranty. what do you think of that?

i was quoted 2200 for glow warm with power-flush so-posed to have a 5yr parts and labour warranty. what do you think of that?

Is that including a new time clock and magnetic filter?

Dtp1979 wrote: »

No I have a time clock and there was nothing mentioned about a magnetic filter. I have the thermostats and 3 zone valves fitted all ready.

No I have a time clock and there was nothing mentioned about a magnetic filter. I have the thermostats and 3 zone valves fitted all ready.

• Advertisement

Is there new gas pipe to be installed? If not, it's a tad pricey as I wouldn't rate gloworm as a top brand

Is there new gas pipe to be installed? If not, it's a tad pricey as I wouldn't rate gloworm as a top brand

Nope nothing out of the way to be done. I had my reservations about it. I must ring a few more for a quote.

Nope nothing out of the way to be done. I had my reservations about it. I must ring a few more for a quote.

Where are you based. Plenty of good guys in here can send you in the right direction

I'm based in Cork

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Just to add, fast becoming a fan of the Ideal Logic too......
    Never rated the GW

• Advertisement

DGOBS wrote: »
    Just to add, fast becoming a fan of the Ideal Logic too......
    Never rated the GW

What do you like about them tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

There is no grant available for just a new boiler.
    You seem to have the controls in place already so you wont get the grant.

The grants available from seai are €400 for a controls upgrade and €560 for controls and new HE boiler upgrade with a grant of €50 towards a BER cert on completion.

The glow worm is one of the cheapest boilers on the market, but it is possible the installer might run 22mm new gas pipe as a given, just confirm with the installer and ask what his quote includes.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    There is no grant available for just a new boiler.
    You seem to have the controls in place already so you wont get the grant.

The grants available from seai are €400 for a controls upgrade and €560 for controls and new HE boiler upgrade with a grant of €50 towards a BER cert on completion.

The glow worm is one of the cheapest boilers on the market, but it is possible the installer might run 22mm new gas pipe as a given, just confirm with the installer and ask what his quote includes.

I'm sure I'll find sum one to "install" them

Do I need a 22mm gas pipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I'm sure I'll find sum one to "install" them

Do I need a 22mm gas pipe?

I PM you the name of a good installer and plumbing supplys that sell Worchester Bosch boilers in Cork yesterday ??

It's not my line of work, but it use to be.

scudo2 wrote: »
    I PM you the name of a good installer and plumbing supplys that sell Worchester Bosch boilers in Cork yesterday ??

It's not my line of work, but it use to be.

I got that thanks very much

Advertisement