Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to Leave Bike Overnight

Options
  • 25-06-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to leave a bicycle overnigt in Dublin around the O Connoll St/Connolly Station area?

its not the best bik, but if there is anywhere i can leave it it would be handy

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

There is bike parking in Drury Street car park. It would be locked in overnight.

A bit further from O'Connell St, but probably the safest option.

There is also pretty crap bike parking in the car park behind Jervis St.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

isn't there bike parking beside platform 2 in Connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

loyatemu wrote: »
    isn't there bike parking beside platform 2 in Connolly?

The sheriff street locals usually take their pick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Drury St Bike Park. As safe as your going to get overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Drury St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks Lads,

Drury Street is prob a small bit too far for me as bus gets me into connolly area and need to get to phibsboro area initially

Will def check out the Jervis/Connolly one though, bike isnt the greatest so its not the end of the world if robbed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Will def check out the Jervis/Connolly one though, bike isnt the greatest so its not the end of the world if robbed

FYI, the is the one on Jervis St:
    http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/jervis_street/d1/dublin/

It is the car park across the road from Jervis St shopping Center, rather then behind it.

When you cycle in there, the bike parking is just past the entrance gates to your right. It can be hard to see as it is under a low roof and cars park in front of it. The bike racks are really crap and it can be hard to get into it due to the cars parked in front of it.

However I do use it from time to time when in that part of the city.

Also another thing you could try is park the bike at Drury St and use Dublin Bikes to get to Connolly (there is a Dublin bike stand on Talbot St.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The sheriff street locals usually take their pick

I’ve noticed there are some bike-lockers next to the racks in Connolly. Does anyone know what the story with them is? First come first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I’ve noticed there are some bike-lockers next to the racks in Connolly. Does anyone know what the story with them is? First come first served?

Sheltered bike parking available in the car park, free of charge. Alternatively, bikelocker.ie offer bicycle lockers to rent, for further information see www.bikelocker.ie or email rent@bikelocker.ie

From here

http://www.irishrail.ie/Dublin%20(Connolly)#sa3

Advertisement