Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC In Limerick

Options
  • 24-10-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

Is anyone using UPC. I was thinking of signing up to their 25Mb package

Good reliable service?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

fantastic, fast, reliable, no messing speedtest.net shows up as 22 mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

+1 no issues,getting constant 29.6mbps connection of a 30meg package :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

As above I've got 25mb with their tv package. No problems with the service.......once I got it.

They were telling me the service wasn't in the area I'd moved to. I'd moved across the road and my neighbour had the service.

Since that all got ironed out I couldn't be happier with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

+1 for UPC broadband. Brilliant speeds and light years a head of the other providers.

Check out the broadband section on boards for tips on getting the maximum speed out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

very fast speeds, great for gaming:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SavvyBoy

If they are in your area :( I had them in Dublin, but since moving home they don't cover me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yup, great service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Upc broadband is excellent where available, there are a few estates however around the city that don't have cable and therefore cannot avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Were on the 50mb package with tv and phone line here in oaklawns, 6 lads using the one internet connection and still unbelievably fast, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭billox

does anyone know if UPC is available in Rhebouge (think thats how you spell it anyway) might be moving there next month

• Advertisement

It depends where in Rhebogue as some parts yes some parts no.

Anglers walk yes.
    Drominbeg no cable MMDS only- no broadband or phone
    Dromroe MMDS only. Although some parts at the start do I think...

Rhebogue meadows yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can enter your street address on their website and it will tell you what is available in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I've had the 15mb, 20mb and 30mb services from them in the past at various addresses in Limerick, and currently I'm on the 100mb package. All good here, never had any serious issues with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

upc are the best provider in the country, super quick speed and I only have the 2omb

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

If you can get them the service is great. Has anybody here got them in the annacotty/castletroy area? Just wondering what estates are covered out this way. mine isn't.

If you can get them the service is great. Has anybody here got them in the annacotty/castletroy area? Just wondering what estates are covered out this way. mine isn't.

Most of castletroy is covered, only a small proportion is MMDS only where in castletroy are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

Not sure how many of the posters work for upc :D but i had it and had nothing but issues on a 30mb package and only getting 13mb at best this could have being an isolated issue but now i am getting faster speeds with magnet,would say it would be good for most users though just wanted to advise:)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

steveon wrote: »
    Most of castletroy is covered, only a small proportion is MMDS only where in castletroy are you?

I live near the Groody roundabout and I've been calling UPC every few months for over a year being told that it would be in my area "soon"...

I've been surviving with 8MB Magnet so far but I'd love a faster connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

i rang them last year about getting set up in Rhebogue.only TV there,still no internet,
    Not good.and from wat i hear its the best available.

:(

nathan184 wrote: »
    I live near the Groody roundabout and I've been calling UPC every few months for over a year being told that it would be in my area "soon"...

I've been surviving with 8MB Magnet so far but I'd love a faster connection.

I used to work for USP a former install company for Upc....confusing name but there you go, some estates near the Groody roundabout have cable but some parts only have mmds.

Curragh Birrnn has cable, Bru Na Ghruidain doesnt, caisleann na habinn doesnt. Its all because UPC wouldnt pay to get it done when they had the chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement