Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus to Airport

• 02-12-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Due to Fly to London Tomorrow at 11.40,

Any ideas what time id need to Town at to get there on time?

was hoping to get Bus out? is the AirCoach likely to still be running?

Whats the best way to get there from Grand Canal Dock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Get DART to Connolly or Tara Street and walk to Busaras and get the 747. If it were me, I'd leave GCD at 9am just to give lots of time, do you have to check in or check in bags? If not you could stretch it to 930 but I'd rather be safe.
    You could alternatively walk to Leeson Street and get on the Aircoach there (or to Dawson st).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The main options are Aircoach and Dublin Bus's Airlink routes 747 and 748. http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Airport-Services/ As they can use the Port Tunnel and the M1 (Aircoach normally goes via Drumcondra, but can divert), they are likely to run. All weather dependent of course.

Keep an eye on:
    www.dublinbus.ie
    www.aircoach.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

The buses are hit and miss.Get a taxi would be my advice ,at least u will be guaranteed a service .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

oisindoyle wrote: »
    The buses are hit and miss.Get a taxi would be my advice ,at least u will be guaranteed a service .

Disclaimer: the above may have been posted by a taxi driver :)

The 747, 748 and Aircoach have been operating more or less as normal all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Aircoach has running around Grestones when DB has cancelled / curtailed services in the area so my money is on the Aircoach.

If you walk to the Point (O2) there's an Aircoach stop there and the Dalkey and Greystones service stops there. Straight throught the tunnel after that.

My 2c.

Edit Looks like the OP will have already left.

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »
    Disclaimer: the above may have been posted by a taxi driver :)

The 747, 748 and Aircoach have been operating more or less as normal all week.

Regardless if a taxi driver or pharmacist posted it ,Oisin is only stateing facts.The above buses have NOT been operating as normal all week,,hence my initial post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Regardless if a taxi driver or pharmacist posted it ,Oisin is only stateing facts.The above buses have NOT been operating as normal all week,,hence my initial post

You weren't stating facts, what you are doing is similar to the activities of scum taxi drivers who roll up to people waiting at airport bus stops and tell them that the bus is not coming.

Both www.dublinbus.ie and www.aircoach.ie have clear details of any services that are not running if you want to state facts then point people in that direction rather than throwing around vague derogatory phrases.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    You weren't stating facts, what you are doing is similar to the activities of scum taxi drivers who roll up to people waiting at airport bus stops and tell them that the bus is not coming.

Both www.dublinbus.ie and www.aircoach.ie have clear details of any services that are not running if you want to state facts then point people in that direction rather than throwing around vague derogatory phrases.

"Vague derogatory phraes"? Are you kidding me ? The FACTS are dublin bus and aircoach had a limited service during the bad weather.Both companys suspended their services are different times includeing today,THESE ARE FACTS.
    Its quite obvious you had nothing positive to say regarding the OP question and instead decided to try and stir things up just for the sake of it .
    Well done .

Knock it off the two of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭SandyfordGuy

"Vague derogatory phraes"? Are you kidding me ? The FACTS are dublin bus and aircoach had a limited service during the bad weather.Both companys suspended their services are different times includeing today,THESE ARE FACTS.
    Its quite obvious you had nothing positive to say regarding the OP question and instead decided to try and stir things up just for the sake of it .
    Well done .

Aircoach operated a reduced frequency for a couple of hours on the greystones route but have never suspended their service what vic says is totally correct once again we have taxi drivers trying to mislead the public for their own agenda. I suggest you check the aircoach site and twittering feed if. you want the truth rather than a taxi driver with a vested. interest.

• Advertisement

Aircoach operated a reduced frequency for a couple of hours on the greystones route but have never suspended their service what vic says is totally correct once again we have taxi drivers trying to mislead the public for their own agenda. I suggest you check the aircoach site and twittering feed if. you want the truth rather than a taxi driver with a vested. interest.

1)I was quoted what i heard on the radio report the other day .
    2)What agenda do taxi drivers have ?
    3)Im not a taxi driver

Can we stick to the topic at hand and knock off the argy-bargy?

Advertisement