Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Blatter wrote: »
    Prepare to be disappointed Sean, I think Schmiechel has backed him to succeed. :)

He wrote off the guy Sean wants to replace him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

U-18s currently losing 2-0 to Portsmouth. Fairly undeserved, tbh, Pompey had 4 half decent chances at most but made the most of them in fairness. United have had about 5 good chances that should've been goals but were all relatively straight at the 'keeper. The Utd goalkeeper, Jacob, didn't cover himself in glory for Pompey's second either, came out to try and catch a cross but misjudged it and left your man to score in an empty net.

Scott Wootton will be playing for Peterborough on Sky Sports 1 against Ipswich tonight.

EDIT: 2-1 now, goal from Tom Lawrence after some very neat play in the box by Daehli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Summary of Schmiechel's views:

"There's more media scrutiny these days"

"Ignore the papers"

"Listen to the manager"

"You're here because they know that you can play"

"The only opinion that matters is Sir Alex's"

"A lot of fans wanted Neuer and look at his first game at Old Trafford...he made bad mistakes"

"De Gea's the right guy"

"It takes time for a goalkeeper to settle in...particularly a young goalkeeper...he's had no time to adapt with the U-21 Championships...he pretty much ended up straight at Wembley and that's tough...he'll come through"

"Shotstopping's the key attribute to succeed in England...dealing with crosses isn't as important"

Supportive views from the Great Dane to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Prepare to be disappointed Sean, I think Schmiechel has backed him to succeed. :)

He wrote off the guy Sean wants to replace him .

Who? Shay 'I'm gonna stay on my line and read a book' Given?

Who? Shay 'I'm gonna stay on my line and read a book' Given?

Lindegaard . He wanted him to play instead after his 2 games against the mighty Crawley town & Southampton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lindegaard . He wanted him to play instead after his 2 games against the mighty Crawley town & Southampton

Didn't Schmeichel later deny those comments anyway?

baz2009 wrote: »
    U-18s currently losing 2-0 to Portsmouth. Fairly undeserved, tbh, Pompey had 4 half decent chances at most but made the most of them in fairness. United have had about 5 good chances that should've been goals but were all relatively straight at the 'keeper. The Utd goalkeeper, Jacob, didn't cover himself in glory for Pompey's second either, came out to try and catch a cross but misjudged it and left your man to score in an empty net.

Scott Wootton will be playing for Peterborough on Sky Sports 1 against Ipswich tonight.

EDIT: 2-1 now, goal from Tom Lawrence after some very neat play in the box by Daehli.

Any chance of Tunni starting I wonder? Has barely played so far.

Youth game finished 2-1 to Pompey.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Any chance of Tunni starting I wonder? Has barely played so far.

Small sub appearance at best I'd say, hopefully he plays a decent chunk of it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hearing from other threads talks between city and Nasri have broken down.......

Gary Neville seemed to perk up quite some bit when it was mentioned to him on sky sports :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Gary Neville seemed to perk up quite some bit when it was mentioned to him on sky sports :pac:

I would imagine if he doesn't go to City he will be staying at the Gunners for the duration of his contract. So he either falls back in love with Arsenal and signs a contract or leaves on a free next year.
    Great, muppetry the whole season long about possibly signing for United next summer!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Neviller perking up was a bit obvious alright. Would love to play poker with him. Sneijder also out of inter squad for weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

biggest stories today -

nasri deal off to city.

sneijder left out of inter squad for their game tomorrow due to "family reason".

chelsea - mata done deal and modric likely - guillaume Balaunge or how ever its spelt.

wonder if the sneijder deal doesnt happen, would united now try for nasri again? looks like arsenal will have to change their stance, could be interesting, but i think of gills "maybe it is better to wait one year for that position" comment and wonder if its Nasri he is talking about.

horrible time for arsenal and would be worse if they left him sign for united next year on a free. impossible suituation for wenger now.

Frimpong sent off, misses the United game. Kosienly injured, deary me, I actually feel sorry for Arsensal.

Frimpong sent off, misses the United game. Kosienly injured, deary me, I actually feel sorry for Arsensal.

Not me, I do empathise with them though, considering we won't have Raphael, Vidic and possibly Rio for the game against Spurs and them. Tough few weeks ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

"nasri deal off to city"

where is this story coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Headshot wrote: »
    "nasri deal off to city"

Said at half time in the Arsenal Liverpool match. Canal+ in France said to be the source.

"nasri deal off to city"

If read like that, does that not mean the deal is still on???

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Said at half time in the Arsenal Liverpool match. Canal+ in France said to be the source.

wow

Nasri you sit tight lad and utd will play the waiting game :D

wow

Nasri you sit tight lad and utd will play the waiting game :D

The word is that it's broken down over agent fees.

Can still see him at City at end of window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Sneijder supposedly left out of Inters squad because of personal reasons. No idea if there is any substance to those rumours though.

EDIT: Skud already said it.

Me to but one can only hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

When the presenter said the Nasri deal had broken down ,Nev said "why's that" in a smug way ,he probably delighted he aint going to city or he knows Nasri wants to join united.ah Muppetry

If they miss out on Nasri I could see City going for Sneijder.

*Runs for cover*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Me too. That first goal was just laughable, but i felt (painful as this is to say) that liverpool totally outplayed and outclassed arsenal, who look to be doing their best to get relegated. It's a shame because I feel that a utd v arsenal match when they're both playing well is easily the most entertaining match of the league.

Dont care about Arsenal never liked them there fans or there manager always thinking there better then they are with nothing to base it on.

They all want Wengers head now what was it four trophys they where going for last season :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dont care about Arsenal never liked them there fans or there manager always thinking there better then they are with nothing to base it on.

They all want Wengers head now what was it four trophys they where going for last season :pac:
    Thanks for sharing.

Me too. That first goal was just laughable, but i felt (painful as this is to say) that liverpool totally outplayed and outclassed arsenal, who look to be doing their best to get relegated. It's a shame because I feel that a utd v arsenal match when they're both playing well is easily the most entertaining match of the league.

The game was drifting towards 0-0 before the red card tbh.

Arsenal will be fine - if Nasri stays and they get the suspended/injured lads back they'll be in decent shape.

Thanks for sharing.

Anytime.

[Pimp]

http://t.co/oHcoSaP - Review of the youth game this morning.
    [/pimp]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

His agent has done jail time !

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ben_lyttleton/08/19/jean-pierre.bernes.frances.most.powerful.agent/index.html

baz2009 wrote: »
    [Pimp]

http://t.co/oHcoSaP - Review of the youth game this morning.
    [/pimp]

Nice work Baz, I always enjoy these so keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If Nasri plays this Wed against Udinese doesn't that cup tie him & make him no good to us or City ?

Discodog wrote: »
    If Nasri plays this Wed against Udinese doesn't that cup tie him & make him no good to us or City ?

Yes he would be cup tied if he played .

Wootton starts for P'boro, Tunnicliffe on the bench.
    Nice work Baz, I always enjoy these so keep it up.

Cheers Flah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The game was drifting towards 0-0 before the red card tbh.

Arsenal will be fine - if Nasri stays and they get the suspended/injured lads back they'll be in decent shape.

I thought Arsenal's biggest problem was lacking a cutting edge up front - they needed someone like Hernandez imo.

I thought Arsenal's biggest problem was lacking a cutting edge up front - they needed someone like Hernandez imo.

RVP is amazing if he can stay fit in fairness. Its not in the attacking 1/3 that they have their biggest worries tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Apart from RVP they have no one that threating upfront. That Chamakh is next to useless, don't rate him one bit. Gervinho looks decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Tbh, I used to think if they got a few decent defenders, they'd be sorted. Now I think they need those, a good fit striker, and someone in midfield who's not afraid to get there hands dirty(although wilshere looks the biz). Don't even get me started on their bench.

• Advertisement

Vanbis wrote: »
    Apart from RVP they have no one is that threating upfront. That Chamakh is next to useless, don't rate him one bit. Gervinho looks decent.

Gervinho is good with the ball at his feet. His passing and crossing are poor though. I think from the little I have seen of him that his movement off the ball is good too. Jury obviously still out on him as it is early days in his Aresnal career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

killwill wrote: »
    Gervinho is good with the ball at his feet. His passing and crossing are poor though. I think from the little I have seen of him that his movement off the ball is good too. Jury obviously still out on him as it is early days in his Aresnal career.

No doubt and i agree but he looks a better option already then the likes of Bentender, Chamakh, Vela. I don't think he will get the 20 goals a season you need to be up at the top. RVP when fit has a good chance of getting the but thats a big IF.

Tunnicliffe in for Peterborough.

Off the post by Tunnicliffe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

killwill wrote: »

Same could be said about Hernandez though

miralize wrote: »

And Chicharito

• Advertisement

True but they are totally different types of forwards in fairness. Hernandez plays off the last defender and makes runs between the defenders looking for throughball, etc.

And Chicharito

Are they not the one player?!!!

Completely different types of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah but look at Gervinho's hair. Get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Any odds on the next United fan to be supporting Barcelona by the end of the season?

I'd give myself high enough odds considering my nomination for the highly prestigious Lou Macari Most Biased Poster Award.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement