Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy repair

Options
  • 28-07-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all, NCT is coming up and I have a sweet dent in my alloy wheel where I hit a monster of a curb :mad:

Can anyone recommend a good place to have this repaired and any idea of price?

I'm wondering would it just be cheaper to buy a single alloy wheel to replace it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Riche670 wrote: »

I'm wondering would it just be cheaper to buy a single alloy wheel to replace it...

It would certainly be a lot safer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

http://www.wefixalloywheels.com -Bray, Co. Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Riche670

Thanks rebel, I had found them in a google search already, and am awaiting a quote. It's a nice site and they seem quite professional, so fingers crossed for a quote that works out cheaper than buying a new alloy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

FOr the test, just replace the dented one with your spare - as long as both tyres are the same size & profile

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Riche670

kbannon wrote: »
    FOr the test, just replace the dented one with your spare - as long as both tyres are the same size & profile

That's clever, never thought of that. Do they not take a look to check that you have a spare wheel, at which point the might notice the dent?

Not sure really, it's my first NCT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the spare can be flat, bald, buckled, etc.
    They don't care as long as it is secure in its holder.

Advertisement