Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone contract query

Options
  • 10-01-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

I signed up to a Vodafone contract in November for 24 months , as part of the my way plan I selected the "unlimited texts" add on for an extra €7. As I'm always texting this suited me.

Yesterday I viewed a bill that had charged me a figure 3 times the price of what I should have paid and €100 of this alone was on texts, when I queried this with customer care I asked how i was charged for texts yet i had unlimted, I was told that fair usage policy applies,it's in the contract and its 2000 texts.

I can wholeheartedly state that I was never made aware of this fair usage policy when I signed up and when asked in store in November if unlimited was "unlimited" the staff memeber stated it was indeed yet never mentioned fair usage.

I feel it's unacceptable and that I've been misold a product as a result and have now been hung out with a large bill and next month appears to be similar already again due to the texts, have I any grounds to break a contract as I feel I've been mislead and uninformed on day one and I am paying as a result

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I signed up to a Vodafone contract in November for 24 months , as part of the my way plan I selected the "unlimited texts" add on for an extra €7. As I'm always texting this suited me.

Yesterday I viewed a bill that had charged me a figure 3 times the price of what I should have paid and €100 of this alone was on texts, when I queried this with customer care I asked how i was charged for texts yet i had unlimted, I was told that fair usage policy applies,it's in the contract and its 2000 texts.

I can wholeheartedly state that I was never made aware of this fair usage policy when I signed up and when asked in store in November if unlimited was "unlimited" the staff memeber stated it was indeed yet never mentioned fair usage.

I feel it's unacceptable and that I've been misold a product as a result and have now been hung out with a large bill and next month appears to be similar already again due to the texts, have I any grounds to break a contract as I feel I've been mislead and uninformed on day one and I am paying as a result

Firstly - bloody hell how do you get anything done? Do you not have RSI?

Secondly these type of fair usage policies are pretty common. You could try complaining to Comreg but I'll doubt you'll get very far. I'd suggest a letter (rather than e-mail or text) to Vodaphone as your first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Firstly - bloody hell how do you get anything done? Do you not have RSI?

Secondly these type of fair usage policies are pretty common. You could try complaining to Comreg but I'll doubt you'll get very far. I'd suggest a letter (rather than e-mail or text) to Vodaphone as your first port of call.

I've already a complaint lodged in with Vodafone regarding this and was told to contact the store where I had set it up initially and ascertain why I wast made aware of this and i would prob be able to get back some bit of money i was charged. If I had known the there was a fair usage policy applied I'd have been careful but as stated I was never told. My only fear is receiving more bills that I can't honestly afford to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I've already a complaint lodged in with Vodafone regarding this and was told to contact the store where I had set it up initially and ascertain why I wast made aware of this and i would prob be able to get back some bit of money i was charged. If I had known the there was a fair usage policy applied I'd have been careful but as stated I was never told. My only fear is receiving more bills that I can't honestly afford to pay

To be fair they probably didnt inform you that they aren't responsible for any loss suffered during a terrorist attack or various other things that are in the T&Cs that you most likely signed. Go back to the store is just a fob off tactic. If you've made a complaint to Vodaphone its time to contact the Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

2,000 is a bit low for an unlimited FUP cap, E-Mobile have much more than that for theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭rameire

your bill has the following line on page 1

" 2000 Texts with your Unlimited Worldwide Texts"

Also if you check your account online, on the home screen "overview"
    under "my current usage"
    Beside the text counter there is a "?" if you click this the following applies "Fair usage limit of 2000 applies"

but you say you were advised incorrectly instore, which was incorrect info.
    as you have put a complaint in, I would ask for no excess costs to be applied to the end of the current bill.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thanks for the info lads,realistically I know that I might get some of the money back,ideally I'd love to break the contract and switch to one of the other networks where "unlimited" was never an issue! I suppos eits iMessage and whatsapp from now on :D

Advertisement