Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement key for Mitsubishi

Options
  • 29-07-2008 3:55pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement key for a 96 Mitsubishi Mirage? I managed to misplace my only one and I need a replacement for Thursday :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Best place is your local mitsubishi garage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'd say they would charge a fortune
    if i was in that positin i'd get new locks out of a scrappy

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Yup they charge an arm and 2 legs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

How much are we talking? Any other options besides getting them from a scrappy? Any suggestions for scrapyards that would have them available easily?

i was quoted 180 off honda before for an accord
    where ya based

• Advertisement

I'm near Sandyford

not too sure bout up that way but kilcok dismantlers have nearly anythin ya want,
    have ya no key at all or is it just the spare that is broke

No key at all.

Just checked the AA site, it says "Key Lost / Locked in Car" is a common problem. Do you reckon they could sort me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just get a set of replacement locks from a crapped Mirage (or Colt, I think) they don't have an immobiliser, so there's no messing with reprograming keys.

Alternatively, I think some locksmiths can make up a key using one of your locks. not 100% sure bout that though.

i lost the keys of a mondeo before and the local dealer told me to bring down a lock and they could take it apart to c what way the key was cut,
    if its an irish car i think ya could get the key cut from the reg number

• Advertisement
Advertisement