Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Super Smash Bros. Community and Tournament

Options
  • 18-04-2014 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello all. If you have an interest in playing competitive Super Smash Bros., please join the Irish Smash Bros. Facebook groups, SmashNI and Super Smash Bros.-Dublin. We will be organising a tournament some time in the Summer for Project M, Melee, Brawl and (hopefully) Smash 64. We hope that you join us in creating a strong and active community, and we also hope to see you at our future tournaments! If you have any questions please ask me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Might make sense to come along to the many fighting game tournaments and events we have conning up? We've previously run and will continue to run melee (latest version afaik) at the events.

I know there are a few ninty fighting gamers. Dave? Where's a Dave when you need one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Vacanthero wrote: »
    Hello all. ....If you have any questions please ask me.

I already posted about this in the facebook group, but to repeat it here: I'll absolutely show up, and I think you'll get good attendance if you pick a precise date soon, and stick to it. Announcing it too late or keeping it "June-ish" runs the risk of people making other plans, since it will be the summer.

As far as overlap of groups goes, everyone on boards who plays Smash is already in all of the facebook groups, but the inverse is not true. Only a handful of Smash players post here. At present you'll have better luck collecting new attendance by just sticking to facebook.

This will ABSOLUTELY change when Smash 4 drops at which point this forum will fill up with newbies.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    We've previously run and will continue to run melee (latest version afaik) at the events.

Melee IS the latest version of Smash, as long as you disregard Brawl, which everybody does.

Just like how SF4 is the most recent Street Fighter game, as long as you disregard SFxT, which everybody does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Vacanthero

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Might make sense to come along to the many fighting game tournaments and events we have conning up? We've previously run and will continue to run melee (latest version afaik) at the events.

Are there any tournaments coming up after May?

Advertisement