Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exams

Options
  • 13-04-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Could someone help me out with the rooms im supposed to be in for my exams? there are 3 venues for my exams 1). Luce upper
    2). RDS main hall
    3). Sports Centre

Could someone please tell me where these places are? my exams are in two weeks and it would be good to know where i am going! thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Tribute007 wrote: »
    Could someone help me out with the rooms im supposed to be in for my exams? there are 3 venues for my exams 1). Luce upper
    2). RDS main hall
    3). Sports Centre

Could someone please tell me where these places are? my exams are in two weeks and it would be good to know where i am going! thanks :)

(1) and (3) are marked here. There will be signs outside the directing you to a specific room.

(2) just requires you to google the RDS, it's not exactly Area 51.

https://www.tcd.ie/Maps/assets/pdf/tcd-main-campus.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Luce Hall is parallel with Pearse Street, go beyond Players/Health Centre and it's the biggish building near the SNIAM and Lloyd. The seat numbers are located on the boards outside the building (have been at least for the past two years).

RDS is out in Ballsbridge. Get the DART to Sandymount or any of the Dublin Bus routes which stop directly in front of it. The entrance for the exams is around the back of the Main Hall, just follow the crowds as around 1000 students are in there at peak times. Seat numbers are in the adjacent hall where you leave your bags.

The Sports Centre entrance for exams is opposite the door to the Science Gallery, in the pedestrian entrance walkway at Pearse Street. Seat numbers are in the actual centre, in an adjacent hall where you can leave your stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

How soon before the exams should you arrive to ensure you get your seat number etc. Or is it like mid term in Luce hall, where they put up seat numbers 5 mins before an exam and expect 600 people to be seated within 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

hfallada wrote: »
    How soon before the exams should you arrive to ensure you get your seat number etc. Or is it like mid term in Luce hall, where they put up seat numbers 5 mins before an exam and expect 600 people to be seated within 5 mins

The past two years they normally have the numbers up well in advance of the exams. I normally arrived at the centre at least half an hour before the exam and the sheets were up before I got there. Normally (at least from what I saw last year), the sheets go up in the morning if there is space on the boards for the subsequent exams, otherwise I think they just stick up the next exam's seat numbers as soon as the previous exam finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

luce hall situation is the same as midterms, utter shambles of organisation. Why put up the sheets up behind a bike rack ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Be warned - Luce Upper is actually the gym of the old sports centre. There are horrible yellow sodium lights and it is always freezing!!!

Had exams there last week and it was freezing. I asked could they put on the heating during the lunch break. It was so cold in the afternoon session they made an announcement that they were going to put on the heating and as it was a little noisy the Exams Office were going to give us an extra 15 mins. Well 10 of those were taken up with someone from facilities trying to switch the bl**dy thing on. And they were right - it was noisy. I have to admit I wasn't sure at that stage whether the noise or catching the person beside me shivering out of the corner of my eye was more off-putting. Slightly less than ideal conditions!

Ski thermals, hats, hoodies and fleeces are fairly appropriate attire. Sports centre is also rather cool. Air conditioning appears to have been designed for activities, not sitting around for 3 hours writing. And RDS depending on which hall can also be cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Abby19 wrote: »
    Be warned - Luce Upper is actually the gym of the old sports centre. There are horrible yellow sodium lights and it is always freezing!!!
    Haven't had an exam there in three years yet I can still clearly remember the smell of old soup. Awful venue.

Advertisement