Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA Visa Waiver Renewal Canada Border

• 15-05-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm German citizen visiting my girlfriend in Vancouver, Canada on a 180 day tourist visa. I've been to the US on 1st of March for a daytrip and got a 90 day visa waiver which will expire on 29th May. I have been for two more daytrips to the US where I went in the morning and came back at evening.

Now my question: Can I re-enter the US after 29th of May and get another visa waiver? I've searched several forums, blogs and the US immigration website but couldn't find any clear information. It was often stated as a rule of thumb to stay out of the US for the same amount of time spent in the US during the visa. Would that mean that I can go back to the US three days after my visa waiver expired since I've been to the US for three daytrips?

I wanna book a trip to Vegas and LA and just wanna have certainty that there won't be any visa problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sebastian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Do you have flights booked out of the US or Canada back to Europe to prove that you will be leaving? If so you will be grand if not you might have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2 qpdb

I do have my flight back to Germany booked already and I can print out the receipt as prove, I'm about to book my trip to Vegas but I am afraid that they won't let me. How can I get certainty. I do have my current visa waiver running but I'm staying in Canada for most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

The US and Canadian border authorities exchange information, but it's not fully automated yet. So the US CBP may have received a record of your departure when you re-entered Canada.

Did you get a Canadian entry stamp in your passport on the day you returned to Canada? That should also satisfy any US CBP concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

If you have visa waiver from the States ,it will not extended by entering Canada. So lets say you enetered USA on the 1st of may you only have 90 days all together no matter if you are in Canada or USA , at least that what someone told me before. If I am wrong let someone correct me. Also you have to fly back from the USA back home.

Advertisement