Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller houses burnt out **Please Read Mod Warning (posts 6 & 8) before posting**

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

It's societies failings.

Tolerance breathes corruption.

And this applies to all within. To anybody causing trouble , to bankers bringing a country to It's knees, CEOs spending the good will charity money on their own lavish lifestyles ...

As for the forum banning thing. It's understandable. Being politically correct or <Mod snip> is sometimes a necessary evil. You have to be blind not to see this no matter how much you or I disagree with it.

If you still don't get it , I could for example set up a tread...

delthadriverr likes to beat himself off to nature documentaries, believes the voice of David Attenborough is an aphrodisiac. This could be a total lie and defamation of your good character leaving this medium open to legal proceedings against it.

Same goes for topic of " travellers".

However did you know about my interest in nature programmes?

I guess in the same way we know that certain members of the travelling community are scumbags and should never have been housed using taxpayers money in the first place.

Meanwhile law abiding citizens are on housing lists, what about their rights? Their needs and rights should be given the same attention as the travellers for fear of discrimination.

Travellers have always been an issue, however their rights appear to take precedence over other members of society.

So who is being discriminated against here?

Pavee Point are a well meaning bunch of people, meanwhile the people they represent have no respect for them nor any one else for that matter.

If average Joe could acquire the same rights as the travellers, perhaps he would be better off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Delthdriver again It's not the travellers fault. They take advantage of what is afforded to them. It's like telling an addict to give up his free bus pass because It's not fair that everyone else has to pay..

Like I said It's the broken system that is at fault. That is the real issue. It actually creates more discrimination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Delthdriver again It's not the travellers fault. They take advantage of what is afforded to them. It's like telling an addict to give up his free bus pass because It's not fair that everyone else has to pay..

Like I said It's the broken system that is at fault. That is the real issue. It actually creates more discrimination.

It is my firm belief that a lot of people like using the ethnic, race, sex and whatever else they can think of excuse to garner themselves an advantage.
    "But I'm a (insert specific group) and need special treatment/favors/tax incentives, etc...!"
    And modern society in a complete hysteria not to appear uncaring or discriminatory gives in and shoves everything everyone's way.
    Some people Do need help, such as kids, the elderly, disabled people and so on. People who, for a genuine reason, cannot fend for themselves.
    90% of everyone else who cries "But I need x,y and z! Everyone's discriminating against me! Gimme Gimme Gimme!" are nothing but cute hoors who have found an excuse they can ride to get themselves an advantage.
    Other reasons can be, if a certain group has been given everything, had everything shoved down their throats and their bums wiped, they have now grown into the victim mentality.
    Unless you are handicapped, infirm, very old (and not even then all the time) or very young and have your wits about you, it doesn't matter what color, creed, origin, perceived or real ethnic group you are, there is no real obstacle in society to prevent you from doing anything you want to do.
    Otherwise I'd like to see the policy document that contains all this "discrimination" everyone is always bleating on about.
    If someone is willing to put the effort in, get the qualifications, do the work and can convince people that they have the right stuff, then it is completely immaterial where he's from.
    But if you use an excuse as a sign around your neck saying "I am such and such and that's why I don't have a chance", you have doomed yourselves.
    This rant was not written with any specific group in mind, but simply saying that people like to categorise themselves and put themselves into a box and use that as a handy excuse as to why they can't succeed.
    I'm saying that if you can grow beyond your box, there is no limit to what you can achieve, other than your own ability and willingness.
    It's not other people, it's you!
    of course people will hate hearing this, because it strips them of the convenient excuse "But I am a victim!"
    STOP being a victim! Otherwise that's all you will ever be.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

It is ironic how many laws protect travellers and how few protect taxpayers

I wish I could keep "thanking" this post. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

"Ah shure, tis in der nature". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Dr. Fuzzenstein is on a week off.

If anyone wants to raise concerns about this thread or the Clare forum in general, please start a thread in 'Feedback'.

Folks I've started a thread in feedback about this thread if anyone else wants to wade in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

999/112 wrote: »
    I wish I could keep "thanking" this post. Excellent!

I was in Boston recently, a radio talk show host was moaning about the illegal aliens , more specifically the Mexicans. He summed up the situation perfectly when he pleaded to be treated like an illegal alien. He felt that being a law abiding citizen put him at a disadvantage compared with illegal aliens and minority groups.

The situation with the travellers is a fair comparison, as a minority group get all the benefits , while ordinary Joe taxpayer can earn whatever he may be entitled to.

What evidence is there to support the travelling community having declared their earnings to revenue like everyone else?
    Seriously the Travellers want to be treated like everyone else, therefore let them pay their way like everyone else

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod: I'm closing this thread because since it was revived it has very little (if anything to do with) County Clare.

Anyone wishing to take up further debate on Travellers can do so in the Humanities forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement