Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory part of the driving test.

• 18-07-2012 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I was just wondering what happens if you're doing the theory part of the driving test and you fail to name a sign for example. Is this marked as a Grade 2 or what happens?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

It would be a grade 1. I think you're allowed to get two questions wrong (so you'd get 2 grade 1's) and if you answer a third incorrectly you'll get a grade 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Could someone give examples of the type of questions they ask? Preferably people who've done the test and what they got asked :) Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

from what I remember (it was a year ago) I was asked 5 or 6 signs, the rules of the yellow box, the amber light, when are you allowed overtake on the left and 3 times that you should use dipped headlights.

All simple stuff that one should know if they're driving on the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Scortho wrote: »
    3 times that you should use dipped headlights.

When are you meant to use the dipped headlights actually? :P Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Sobanek wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was just wondering what happens if you're doing the theory part of the driving test and you fail to name a sign for example. Is this marked as a Grade 2 or what happens?

Ask your instructor for the list....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

You can get every single theory question wrong and still pass the test, it just counts as 1 grade 2 fault (so if you get 3 or more answers wrong it's one grade 2 fault)

I got asked this week ...
    - when to use dipped headlights
    - what are the 3 lanes on a motorway used for
    - signs : I got asked a roadworks sign (where a lane is closed) & one where there is an island in the road, & on both questions he asked what I'd be looking out for / how would I react (eg. go to left/right)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 caroline2k10

Sobanek wrote: »

depends on tester really , if u dont know them try explain it someway, my instructor said to cry if have to and say ur nervous haha, coz i know i got a few wrong today but still past that part of test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

3 or more incorrect answers = grade 2 fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 caroline2k10

loobylou wrote: »
    3 or more incorrect answers = grade 2 fault.

ya but from wat i remember i could have got 3 wrong or explained in a weird way and wasnt marked

• Advertisement
Advertisement