Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Eirebear wrote: »
    Also, it seems to be acceptable for certain people to come onto this thread to abuse Rangers.

Add that to the constant syndey remarks about "Dignity FC" "The Rainjurs" or "The Rangers" and it all adds up to something i generally can't be arsed posting in.

How often do you see Celtic referred to anything orhter than Celtic in their thread? How often do you see snydey gifs and photoshops posted by Rangers fans in the Celtic thread?

I wouldn't call the majority of it abuse.

Surely you're not surprised that some of your rival fans are making fun of your clubs plight? Some are just being honest, if they want to see Rangers go out of business then what's the point in saying otherwise?

I remember a few photoshops being posted in the Celtic thread when Lennon was going through a hard time at the start of the season. If Celtic were going through what Rangers are now experiencing, then I wouldn't expect Rangers fans to say "poor Celtic", I'd expect a bit of a slagging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PauloMN wrote: »
    EB, come on, what do you expect with the way things are at the moment? Are you saying you've never ever made snide comments in the Celtic thread?

As for "The Rangers", one of your own calls it that! If people are so up themselves to refer to themselves as "The Rangers", expect it to be used by opposing fans in a snide manner.

As for Dignity FC, it's as old as the hills, but again in the news this week, McClelland or Greig (one or the other, can't remember which) was banging on about "dignity". See above, if people honestly believe that there's an ounce of dignity left in that club at the moment, expect it to be used by opposing fans in a snide manner.

To be honest, I can appreciate that it must be difficult watching the club you follow going through this, and that's fair enough. I think you know this already, but my comments are generally not aimed at you. There's a couple of people on this thread who are clearly not able to see the wood for the trees, and when they post stuff like they do, this is what happens. Anyway, I'll desist from the snideness on my part seeing as it's bothering you.
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    I wouldn't call the majority of it abuse.

Surely you're not surprised that some of your rival fans are making fun of your clubs plight? Some are just being honest, if they want to see Rangers go out of business then what's the point in saying otherwise?

I remember a few photoshops being posted in the Celtic thread when Lennon was going through a hard time at the start of the season. If Celtic were going through what Rangers are now experiencing, then I wouldn't expect Rangers fans to say "poor Celtic", I'd expect a bit of a slagging.

I don't mind a bit of banter lads - but it's absolutely constant in here. And the two quotes i posted go way beyond the realms of banter. (Honesty? Maybe so - but again, could you imagine it happening in any other clubs thread on this forum?)

It's getting to the point where it's impossible to have any form of decent discussion without snyde remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Also, it seems to be acceptable for certain people to come onto this thread to abuse Rangers.

Add that to the constant syndey remarks about "Dignity FC" "The Rainjurs" or "The Rangers" and it all adds up to something i generally can't be arsed posting in.

How often do you see Celtic referred to anything orhter than Celtic in their thread? How often do you see snydey gifs and photoshops posted by Rangers fans in the Celtic thread?
    Just ignore the obsession and abuse from them. They seem to have a big problem with The Rangers. Let them get all angry is what I say. It is rather pathetic.

Anyway, we got a good run of games coming up. Hopefully we can get a good long run of form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Just ignore the obsession and abuse from them. They seem to have a big problem with The Rangers. Let them get all angry is what I say. It is rather pathetic.

You're good at ignoring things, I'll give you that much. However, sometimes ignoring things isn't a virtue, like having "no opinion" on this David Healy issue.

You are of course entitled to have "no opinion" on the matter, but it is a rather spineless, pathetic approach to the Healy issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Just an FYI - but it seems that there are CELTIC fans on this thread who believe Healy should not be punished.

Also, why should Rangers be forced to punish him?

Yup, I couldn't care less what he does. If his family are Loyalists and hang out with folk such as Jackie McDonald then that's what they do.

All I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of TheKeith (who wanted a chef from Rangers sacked for posing for a photo in front of a Republican mural).

Yup, I couldn't care less what he does. If his family are Loyalists and hang out with folk such as Jackie McDonald then that's what they do.

All I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of TheKeith (who wanted a chef from Rangers sacked for posing for a photo in front of a Republican mural).

Nah i get that dude, I was just pointing it out as it seems to have become a bit of a "Rangers Fans" issue for a few folk on here.
    The nonense and rhetoric in the thread is mental to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Lads he is a loyalist and he would have supported people like Jackie McDonald, Gusty Spence etc, "soldiers of Ulster" and all that crap.

There is no engaging with people of this mentality, those who celebrate the massacre of random catholics portraying that as "taking the fight" to the IRA. These are the type of people who yell "trick or treat" (in reference to the Greysteel massacre) at you because they think you are a catholic. This lad is a self confessed loyalist, you and I all know what he really thinks, he won't post it because people wouldn't stand for it but there are dark hints everywhere and he must be loving winding us feens up with his "no opinion" on Healys pals.

There is a difference between Unionists and Loyalists, Unionists are on the whole just normal people, the majority of whom would be insulted if you called them a loyalist because of the baggage and images that word conjures up. When someone labels themselves a Loyalist you really know all you need to. They support(ed) the murder of innocent catholics as a way to fight the IRA.

This is loyalism distilled to its base elements, sheer bigotry and sectarianism. Of course he won't condemn Healy, he thinks the like of Jackie McDonald are "ulster patriots". It would be funny if it wasn't about the massacre of innocent people.

Sports stars have a responsibility, they are role models for many people. When you have a high profile one like Healy posing with a thumbs up beside a loyalist killer what message does it send out? You can be sure Healy knows exactly what he was doing and who with. He even had family members in the UDA and UVF. What does that say to young people? Its sends the message that being a sectarian scumbag is ok, its all right to go out to the nearest interface and chuck stones at the papists. He's a disgrace.

SNA0121W1-682_1446447a.jpg

Whatever about a chef doing stuff,who cares what a chef does, what influence does he have? We are talking about a high profile footballer, smugly posing with a infamous loyalist leader (sure even he isn't hardline enough for loyalists these days), thumbs up, its just a massive "fuck you" to nationalists and catholics and a boost to scum who like to attack teenage taigs.

I'm not even a proper Celtic fan, I only watch a handful of games every year. I support Utd. I remember when Andy Goram was brought in on loan, a low low day.

Its supporters like him that perpetuate the king billy loving, catholic hating rangers fan stereotype. I hope the decent rangers fans on here are embarrassed by him.

I mostly lurk but I'd like to make a suggestion, lets get back to talking about football and ignore the loyalist. We all know what he thinks, he doesn't have to spell it out. He won't spell it out clearly because he would be banned, and making everyone outraged is not as fun for him as winding everyone up is.

Loyalists aren't worth your breath or energy.

What should be done about David Healy? He should be condemned by right thinking rangers fans. Should the club do anything? Give him a harsh word and tell him to stop being an utter fool and not to let it happen again. Should a big Suarez/Terry type deal be made out of it? No, that brought the scum to the surface.

/goes back to lurking

What should be done about David Healy? He should be condemned by right thinking rangers fans.
    Which is not happening as most Rangers fans could not care less and don't see it as a big problem for them. For me, I have no view on it as I don't see the point in wasting time forming a view on it.

Perhaps it is time people moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Which is not happening as most Rangers fans could not care less and don't see it as a big problem for them. For me, I have no view on it as I don't see the point in wasting time forming a view on it.

However if it was some chef, youd have plenty of time to "form a view"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Anyway back to football i know Celtic and Rangers fans will be absolutely ****ting themselves knowing the mighty Hibees won a game today its onwards and upwards for us, and now we will go on to win the scottish cup this year as football statisticians will point out we win it in every century :D Pat Fenlon's Green & White army

The point is you haven't moved on. People like you perpetuate the sort of sectarianism that Bigdeadlydave there outlined which is borne out clearly by your silence on this David Healy issue.

Some/most other Rangers fans on the thread have said that Healy is out of line and should be disciplined. Fair play to them for that at least. Your silence on the matter speaks volumes, and this David Healy issue will not go away until it is dealt with appropriately.

Hopefully Rangers FC will show some leadership in this regard without having to be told what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I wonder if young Aaron McGregor was pictured giving the thumbs up beside Martin McGuinness would Rangers fans be similarly nonchalant....nah I actually don't wonder that at all, I know right well what the answer is. He would be gone the first chance the club got and you know that as well as I do.

1967 wrote: »
    Anyway back to football i know Celtic and Rangers fans will be absolutely ****ting themselves knowing the mighty Hibees won a game today its onwards and upwards for us, and now we will go on to win the scottish cup this year as football statisticians will point out we win it in every century :D Pat Fenlon's Green & White army

How is Nutsy doing so far mate?

The point is you haven't moved on. People like you perpetuate the sort of sectarianism that Bigdeadlydave there outlined which is borne out clearly by your silence on this David Healy issue.

Some/most other Rangers fans on the thread have said that Healy is out of line and should be disciplined. Fair play to them for that at least. Your silence on the matter speaks volumes, and this David Healy issue will not go away until it is dealt with appropriately.

Hopefully Rangers FC will show some leadership in this regard without having to be told what to do.
    Move on. Nothing has been said about it in regards to the management. It doesn't seem anything will be done about it. I don't know the full details in regards to the case.

Time to move forward in the peace process.

• Advertisement

1967 wrote: »

You guys were absolutely dire at Ibrox last week - even made us look good! :p

You guys were absolutely dire at Ibrox last week - even made us look good! :p

EB,

Is there any out of contract fellas being linked to you guys?

EB,

Is there any out of contract fellas being linked to you guys?

It seems Matthew Mbuta is still on trial with us.
    http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/030212-Rangers-training/G0000hoUAi7OzsRA/I000088EZkrw_nNM

Other than that i have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

sorry replying so late EB. Didn't mean to upset you with my posts earlier, they were squarely aimed at the 'fans' who passively support sectarianism.

I stand by what I say about the club, because I believe it to be inherently sectarian.

Im not suggesting Rangers fans are.

I've often seen Celtic referred to as Septic FC, tbf i think thats harmless banter.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    sorry replying so late EB. Didn't mean to upset you with my posts earlier, they were squarely aimed at the 'fans' who passively support sectarianism.

I stand by what I say about the club, because I believe it to be inherently sectarian.

Im not suggesting Rangers fans are.

I've often seen Celtic referred to as Septic FC, tbf i think thats harmless banter.
    The club is its supporters. Without the supporters, there is no club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You are the worst sort of supporter regardless of that logic then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

You dont half mouth meaningless banalities at times. But then of course you dont have opinions as such so what else would you post

Probably should be in the celtic thread but hey it's about the rangers so why not here? So difficult to know which thread to post in these days....nighty nighty bhoys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Should rename this thread 'Celtic 2.0 Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012'

Corholio wrote: »
    Should rename this thread 'Celtic 2.0 Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012'

The observers talk a level of **** thats unreal

Published on Sunday 5 February 2012 00:00

Craig Whyte ends a difficult week with a candid discussion with Tom English, on where the season ticket money has gone, the Jelavic deal and the future of Rangers

Q: It’s been a bruising week for you. Tickets and tax and rumours and innuendo. Your manager was on the verge of walking out. Or maybe not...

A: Yeah, you hear all these stories that he’s ready to pack it in and it’s total crap. These rumours got so strong during the week that even my sister called me and said she’d heard that Ally had resigned. I told her it was rubbish. Ally and I talk regularly and he’s very, very determined and very, very focused. I don’t know why people don’t want to believe that.

Q: OK, let’s kick-off with one of the questions of the week. It’s been revealed that you raised £24.4 million in much-needed funds by pre-selling tranches of Rangers season tickets for the next four seasons...

A: It was closer to £20m, but carry on.

Q: Right, £20m then. What have you done with the money? Where is it?

A: We’ve got running costs somewhere in the region of £3.5m a month. That’s what it costs to keep the lights on. People don’t understand the business side of football. They’re all very quick to go and criticise but nobody else was prepared to step up to the plate and I guess if you look over the last week you can understand why.

Q: People want to know where the ticket money has gone...

A: Well, OK, I won’t do it line by line but I’ll give you some examples. There’s a £10m funding hole that needs to be filled. I’ve said that before. I have nothing to apologise for. This is the reality of the club. There was several million that had to be repaid from an old ticket arrangement from the previous board. There were things like transfer payments. We still owed £1m to Rapid Vienna from when we bought Nikica Jelavic. We owed £1m on the James Beattie signing. Believe me, every single penny of the Ticketus money has stayed in the club. What I want to get across is that the fans’ money is safe, it’s underwritten by one of my companies and everything I do is in the best long-term interests of the club.

Q: Mortgaging season tickets is a high-risk strategy, though. Clubs do it, but on this scale? What if season tickets sales plummet? Do you fear a season ticket boycott?

A: No, why would there be?

Q: It would be understandable if Rangers fans were spooked. This is the allegation, that you used the Ticketus money to fund your takeover of the club...

A: No, from the messages I’ve had I don’t think people believe that. The occasional person, maybe. I know Ally said on Friday that this is the time to rally round the club. This is going to be a tough few weeks and we need everybody with us and on the whole that’s what people are doing. The allegation is wrong. Anybody with half a brain would figure that one out. The sale of the club went through prior to the arrangement for the tickets. It’s absurd. Do you think Lloyds and Sir David Murray would have given me the time of day if I hadn’t proved I had the money?

Q: You say you lodged £28m in a bank account as proof of funds during the negotiating process?

A: I think it was closer to £33m actually.

Q: Your own money from your own personal wealth?

A: Yes, that was done as far back as November 2010.

Q: Can you prove it?

A: I can, yes.

Q: Can you e-mail me the documents and kill some conspiracies?

A: I see what you’re getting at and there might be some benefit in doing that. Let me think about it. I’ll give it some consideration.

Q: I’ve asked you before about your personal wealth and you told me to get lost. Fair enough. But can you blame people for being suspicious when they see you selling off chunks of season tickets just to keep the club going? You’ve been described – hysterically – as a billionaire with wealth off the radar. Why are you selling your chief goal-scorer?

A: The billionaire thing has caused me no end of problems in all sorts of areas. It didn’t come from me. I can promise you that. It was reported last week that my PR people once tried to tell newspapers that I’m a billionaire but I just don’t believe that. I don’t talk about my personal wealth to anybody and so I didn’t tell a PR company to go and say that. It’s been used against me now. It’s making me look silly. People assume that I said it and I didn’t say it. I would never say it. I never claimed to be any such thing, but even if I was I wouldn’t necessarily handle the situation any differently. Rangers needs to be a long-term sustainable business and that’s the bottom line. The club needs to change.

Q: Do you rue the day you darkened Sir David Murray’s door?

A: There are days where you say “Why did I bother!” On the whole, though, I think it’s going to be tremendously satisfying to pull this through and achieve what I set out to do. I’ve made mistakes. We all do. When I look at it with hindsight there are things I would do differently. I should have spoken about the magnitude of the problem earlier, but on the other hand we were challenging to win the title and I didn’t want to be Mr Negative.

Q: The magnitude of the problem. Ally spoke on Friday about the club’s “serious, serious predicament” with HMRC and about how “the welfare of the club is the most important thing – greater than getting results”. That’s a fairly profound statement...

A: Yeah, I agree with him. This has the potential to be the toughest few weeks in the club’s history.

Q: You’re expecting a verdict from HMRC in the next few weeks?

A: Possibly.

Q: So you’re in full-on crisis mode?

A: I wouldn’t say crisis is the right word. Not at the moment. But we’re certainly in the toughest time in the club’s history. The next few weeks. I’d definitely say that much.

Q: Ally has said that he doesn’t know what your battle plan is in the event of the HMRC verdict going against the club. Why not tell him?

A: Well, you know I play my cards close to my chest. Ally and I work closely together and if that situation arises he’ll be the first to know about it. We’re talking about hypotheticals here.

Q: Are you nervous about it?

A: Not nervous at all. There’s a plan in place for any eventuality.

Q: I’ll try again. What’s the plan?

A: I couldn’t go into it. If I publicised it then it would potentially jeopardise what we’re working on. But, remember, I bought the club with this thing hanging over it. I’ve been thinking about it since day one. The long-term interests of the club is what I think about every day.

Q: There is also talk, on top of everything else, of £5m owed in VAT. Are you sitting on a Mount Everest of debt?

A: There’s a lot of media hostility towards myself and Rangers. It irks me sometimes. The VAT thing is rubbish. I have regular dialogue with HMRC about a number of issues, in particular the Employment Benefit Trust case. All sorts of things. I talk to them often, I know exactly what they’re doing and what they’re thinking and there’s no issue on that front.

Q: Right, can we clear up some transfer window stuff?

A: Fire away.

Q: Jelavic has gone for £5.5m. Are Rapid Vienna entitled to a slice of that action?

A: No.

Q: I think £5.5m is a lousy deal for Rangers. He’s really undervalued at that price. Fulham paid between £10m and £12m for Bryan Ruiz last summer and nobody is going to convince me that Ruiz is a better player than Jelavic. What actual bids did you get for him?

A: Two, one from Everton and the other from West Ham. The Everton bid was the best one for the club.

Q: But West Ham bid £7m...

A: Did they?

Q: Didn’t they?

A: Of course it wasn’t £7m. Look, the desire was to get a lot more money for the player but he’s only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for him on a given day. The West Ham bid was a complicated offer with all sorts of strings attached. There were certain things contingent on them getting promoted and we might have had to take one of their players and he was on a high salary. Believe me, I accepted the best bid. He wanted to leave and we needed the money, simple as that. I’ve spoken about the gap in our finances already this week. It’s £10m.

Q: We’ll get back to that, but more transfer stuff. Fran Sandaza, the St Johnstone player, claims that somebody from Rangers contacted him on Tuesday to say you might make another move for him...

A: I don’t know what happened there. If Ally wanted to sign Sandaza on the last day of the transfer window I’d have been happy to sanction that deal. For sure.

Q: You made a move for Gary Holt of Norwich instead. How much did you bid for him?

A: How much do you think?

Q: I heard three figures, £500,000, £600,000 and £1m. I’d go with £600,000.

A: No, it was £1m.

Q: But Norwich had already turned down over £2m for him...

A: I didn’t know that. What I do know was that the player was keen to come but Norwich didn’t want to lose him. That’s fair enough. Look, in years gone by you could have taken a punt in January and said ‘Right I’m going to spend £10m, we’re going to win the league and all that Champions League money will be ours’. But life is not like that anymore. We have to go through two qualifying rounds these days. You could spend £10m and not make it through to the Champions League and that would be painful. As custodian of the club I have to ask if that’s a risk worth taking and I have to say that it’s not. Look at what we did in the past. We spent huge money on duff players. My main ambition here is to get my sleeves rolled up and get on with the turnaround and make it a self-sustaining club.

Q: But if you’re not spending money on players how do you expect to give yourselves a chance of winning the SPL and qualifying for the Champions League, where all the big cash is?

A: The game has changed. The players we bring in should, mostly, be young guys that we can improve and maybe sell on for profit. Like I say, self-sustaining. That’s the way football clubs have to be. We can’t go on with a £10m deficit every season. Somebody had to call a halt to the way things were being done previously.

Q: Missing out on Europe was a shattering blow, right? Did you budget for Champions League money?

A: No, we budgeted for Europa League money which, based on the evidence going back many years, was a perfectly reasonable thing to budget for. That would have got us £5m, maybe a bit less. It never happened. The Champions League might get you £20m, but it goes back to the risk again. Is it worth it?

Q: So missing out on European football was the start of the cash-flow crisis. Is that fair?

A: Not absolutely fair. I think there are issues around that. I think because of all the negative coverage in the media and the tax case hanging over us, business partners who might have paid a year in advance before are now paying month to month and you have creditors who want to be paid quicker. The negativity is having repercussions.

Q: Neil Lennon said on Friday that the chickens are coming home to roost for Rangers now. Years of financial mismanagement have finally caught up on the club. Fair comment?

A: Somebody mentioned that to me. I’m not going to comment on what he said. I don’t think he should... No, you almost lured me into something there. I need to remind myself to be on my guard.

Dempsey wrote: »
    A patriot. Anyway, leaving the political talk out of it. Time to focus on The Rangers again.

Published on Sunday 5 February 2012 00:00

Do you actually believe what he says anymore? remember a few months ago when he was telling you how Rangers had a strong balance sheet and when he flatly denied mortgaging off future season tickets? Also don't forget his £25 million war-chest he promised you, a minimum of £5 million every year on top of transfers and European earnings.

Instead you have spent £4.3 million and sold players for £7.2 million. The funniest part of the article for me though had to be the very last comment, bring up Neil Lennon as the bogeyman to deflect attention away from himself, I mean the timing of the question and his answer can only be described as being contemptuous of the intellect Rangers fans, it is so blatantly obvious what the intention of that was.

"Yes I know there might be issues surrounding my dealings but isn't Neil Lennon horrible?"

"Yes I know we had to sell our star striker but don't you just hate Neil Lennon like me?"

"Yes I know I lied about selling off the season tickets and actually providing funds for transfers but, eh, isn't Neil Lennon just a right pr*ck?"

Fair play to him, he already knows how to to play you guys.

Move on. Nothing has been said about it in regards to the management. It doesn't seem anything will be done about it. I don't know the full details in regards to the case.

Time to move forward in the peace process.

As I said the point is you and people with your attitude are not moving on. You are sticking your head in the sand pretending there is no issue and the same can be said for the official ignoring of this matter by Rangers FC. It will not be forgotten what Healy has aligned himself with and how Rangers FC are rendering themselves complicit in this issue by virtue of their weak and spineless ignoring of the matter. Another episode of shame for Rangers FC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

YES, C'MON UNITED.

• Advertisement

A patriot. Anyway, leaving the political talk out of it. Time to focus on The Rangers again.
    A patriot lol, wtf is that? Why you not there with the other 20,000 patriots then?

Seanie O'Luko booked.

Is this a friendly? Whats up with all the empty seats??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

GET IN THERE - 0-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-0 2 easy

Am glad you call him Mervan, coz that Celik guy is honking

I see Healy done his days work already, subbed for Little. Oh wait, he's done fúcking nothin'

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be the first time that you lot take a player we're 'looking at', only to end up with a diddy :D

No idea about Holt.
    Mervan (;) ) apparently looked pretty decent today.

Looked great ;) today too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

good save, should have been 3

Rainjurs are going Wylde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rangers were dire, some great energy from Dundee United

It just keeps getting better all the time, lets all laugh at Rainjurs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Is this a friendly? Whats up with all the empty seats??

I reckon Whyte sold 20000 of their fans in the window!

Ally must be under serious pressure now, his record in cup competitions is shocking. At least they're free to concentrate on the league now(no laughing at the back)

Hopefully Ally will tell the players to treat each game as a cup tie! :)

RoryMac wrote: »
    I reckon Whyte sold 20000 of their fans in the window!

Ally must be under serious pressure now, his record in cup competitions is shocking. At least they're free to concentrate on the league now(no laughing at the back)

Hopefully Ally will tell the players to treat each game as a cup tie! :)

\0/

• Advertisement

Bad times. Onto the next game.

Do you actually believe what he says anymore? remember a few months ago when he was telling you how Rangers had a strong balance sheet and when he flatly denied mortgaging off future season tickets? Also don't forget his £25 million war-chest he promised you, a minimum of £5 million every year on top of transfers and European earnings.

Instead you have spent £4.3 million and sold players for £7.2 million. The funniest part of the article for me though had to be the very last comment, bring up Neil Lennon as the bogeyman to deflect attention away from himself, I mean the timing of the question and his answer can only be described as being contemptuous of the intellect Rangers fans, it is so blatantly obvious what the intention of that was.

"Yes I know there might be issues surrounding my dealings but isn't Neil Lennon horrible?"

"Yes I know we had to sell our star striker but don't you just hate Neil Lennon like me?"

"Yes I know I lied about selling off the season tickets and actually providing funds for transfers but, eh, isn't Neil Lennon just a right pr*ck?"

Fair play to him, he already knows how to to play you guys.

EVERYTHING he's saying is intended to portray as "us against everyone" mentality and the hordes are falling for it. He's even managed to swing it to such a degree that Rangers fans now believe that an attack on Whyte is an attack on Rangers.

The more this goes on the funnier it gets. I genuinely can't believe that Whyte has not been hounded out of Rangers yet.

I see Healy done his days work already, subbed for Little. Oh wait, he's done fúcking nothin'

Have a look at Little's stats!!! They're feckin hilarious!!!

He's been with Rangers since 2007, I think today was his seventh appearance!!!

His playing position is noted as defender/midfielder/attacker.

it's you that constantly brings politics into it. What does that mean anyway, saying you are a patriot|???

Anyway as Samuel Johnson put it
    "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

It is clear to me we will need huge performances to retain the championship this season. In a dark period at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement