Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

oh no, mccoist wanted him. he went so far as tapping him up illegally. cuellar just saw spain as a better option (read: theyre paying him what he wants)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Helix wrote: »
    oh no, mccoist wanted him. he went so far as tapping him up illegally. cuellar just saw spain as a better option (read: theyre paying him what he wants)

More likely the higher standard of football on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I take it you have proof of this

I take it you have proof of this

would you class cuellar's mate as proof? if not grand, he's never given me any reason to doubt him though. has always been plenty informative about what's going on with cc through the years, and has proved photographic evidence that he knows him well

the thing is that villa have been pushing for a deal to get him out, so have had no interest in doing anything about the tapping up. it was us who went back to rangers with the £2m idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think players talking to agents and other clubs about potential contracts without their current clubs permission is rife in the game.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think players talking to agents and other clubs about potential contracts without their current clubs permission is rife in the game.

wasnt agents. mccoist rang cuellar a couple of times. either way, villa dont care since we want him off our books

which is ridiculous since he's our best centre back imo

he's off to espanyol by the looks of things

wasnt agents. mccoist rang cuellar a couple of times. either way, villa dont care since we want him off our books

which is ridiculous since he's our best centre back imo

he's off to espanyol by the looks of things

I did say 'other clubs'.

You hear about players talking to other players about other clubs, is this not a form of tapping up. A manager could have asked a player to find out what he's thinking and recommend his club if the opportunity arises.

No doubt McCoist rang him, he probably had his number since the day Rangers signed him in the first place!

aye its part of the game these days. the annoying thing is that its so accepted. what happened t clubs growing some balls and saying enough is enough. we've had it with downing and cuellar this year, but by the same toke we also did it with bent in january. itd be nice to see someone take a stand. the level of "player power" is beyond stupid at this stage. if you want to leave a club but have time left on your contract well then it should be tough tiddies imo, you signed it you can stay

aye its part of the game these days. the annoying thing is that its so accepted. what happened t clubs growing some balls and saying enough is enough. we've had it with downing and cuellar this year, but by the same toke we also did it with bent in january. itd be nice to see someone take a stand. the level of "player power" is beyond stupid at this stage. if you want to leave a club but have time left on your contract well then it should be tough tiddies imo, you signed it you can stay

Aye, Celtic have a similar scenario with Kayal and Izaguirre. If they didnt have the seasons they had, they would have clung onto their current deals but because the club got it right with them, they now have to renegotiate out of fear of illegal tap ups and agent mind games doing damage.

One club isnt enough, those who admin the game need to get closer to clubs and monitor these things more closely. Hard thing to do though

Jean-Marc Bosman needs a house call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Reports from Turkey suggest Kenny Miller is on his way out, apparently he was dropped from the friendly against PSV, has been excluded from training with the squad and Buraspor are already looking for his replacement.

I'd not be too upset if he heads back to Ibrox, especially if it means an end to the chance of Goodwillie moving.

would you class cuellar's mate as proof? if not grand, he's never given me any reason to doubt him though. has always been plenty informative about what's going on with cc through the years, and has proved photographic evidence that he knows him well

the thing is that villa have been pushing for a deal to get him out, so have had no interest in doing anything about the tapping up. it was us who went back to rangers with the £2m idea

What photographic evidence he has had pics taken with him at nights out sorry that means nothing.

Wonder why his agent would say this then

Reports that the player was close to snubbing the Ibrox club for Espanyol were dismissed by agent Pedro Bravo, who told Sportsmail last night: ‘We are in discussions with Rangers and only Rangers.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1SPNN1eB0

Reports from Turkey suggest Kenny Miller is on his way out, apparently he was dropped from the friendly against PSV, has been excluded from training with the squad and Buraspor are already looking for his replacement.

I'd not be too upset if he heads back to Ibrox, especially if it means an end to the chance of Goodwillie moving.

Miller said a while ago he wasn't happy over there and wanted back personally yes I would rather we went for Goodwillie but I think Rangers along with anyone else are keeping an eye on the Rape case before jumping in

What photographic evidence he has had pics taken with him at nights out sorry that means nothing.

Wonder why his agent would say this then

Reports that the player was close to snubbing the Ibrox club for Espanyol were dismissed by agent Pedro Bravo, who told Sportsmail last night: ‘We are in discussions with Rangers and only Rangers.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1SPNN1eB0

it means a lot more than something written in sportsmail

unless gers can find an extra 20k a week, cuellar wont be touching them

Rangers are the only team to have an offer in for him though, aren't they?

Oh it means nothing I have had photographs taken with Neil Lennon it doesn't mean I have any clue who he is going to sign. I would rather take the word of his agent
    Now to make it clear I never thought we would get him in the first place so if we do I will be more than surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Miller said a while ago he wasn't happy over there and wanted back personally yes I would rather we went for Goodwillie but I think Rangers along with anyone else are keeping an eye on the Rape case before jumping in

I don't see why Goodwillie would be a better option.

Miller may be older, but he has scored far more goals, is Scotland captain, knows the SPL inside and out,...

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Miller may be older, but he has scored far more goals, is Scotland captain, knows the SPL inside and out,...

He is younger faster and has a better touch Miller has never scored in the way he did last season but if the money was right I would gladly take him back as in the short period he played with Jelavic they looked the part

Miller might have one good season left in him if even that (he has only has 6 months of incredible form in his entire career to date so you can't just assume he will return to that form).

He will demand significantly higher wages than Goodwillie so if he doesn't live up to the standards he set last season Rangers will be stuck with an aging, highly paid flop.

He will not earn Rangers a penny from a future transfer as he will be approaching 33 come the start of next season. As a player he depends massively on his pace, once he starts losing that his contribution to the team will steadily decrease.

Miller has proven himself to be out of his depth when it comes to European football, he has a terrible scoring record outside of the SPL (including for Scotland).

For these reasons Goodwillie is the sensible option in every way.

Not if he gets sentenced.

Great news

STEVEN DAVIS has become the latest Rangers star to commit his long term future to the club after he put pen to paper on a new five-year deal that will keep him at the club for his peak years.

The Northern Ireland midfielder joins Steven Whittaker and Allan McGregor in agreeing a lengthy new contract and his re-signing is another boost for boss Ally McCoist.

Former Aston Villa and Fulham playmaker initially joined the Light Blues on loan in January 2008, helping the team to the final of the UEFA Cup in his first half season.

A full time deal was then agreed in the summer of 2008 and in the intervening three years the 26-year-old has been a key player in the club securing three back to back titles.

Now just days ahead of the new campaign his future has been mapped out and Rangers fans can look forward to at least five more years with Davis at the heart of the team's midfield.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20...254024_2396459

• Advertisement

Brilliant news indeed.
    Joke went around that he did it in front of both Linfield and Rangers fans on saturday :D

I don't know who this is, but some guy just tweeted the following:

@Fourth_Official Carlos Cuellar is now a rangers player after successful talks with the ibrox club. £2m. He will wear the number 4 shirt

Apparently he's been right over the past few weeks regarding some other transfers.
    But again, it's twitter, so who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Would be a great signing.

0-2 up so far at Blackpool, Davis with both goals.
    Ortiz apparently looking the part.

Davis must be loving this day :D

Torshavn were 1-0 up, 1-1 now, so Malmo it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

If this is true then surely alarm bells must be ringing by now??? Where's the £15m warchest?

Bursaspor reject Rangers bid for Kenny Miller and accept Cardiff offer

The Turkish club claim the striker is on his way to Cardiff City for a medical, having accepted a one million Euro offer.

By Grant Russell
    20 July 2011 11:19 GMT

Kenny Miller is said to be on his way to Cardiff City for a medical, after Bursaspor accepted their transfer offer. Pic: ©SNS Group
    Bursaspor have rejected Rangers’ “ridiculously low” offer for Kenny Miller and claim the Scotland international is on his way to Cardiff City for a medical.

The striker was subject of a 400,000 Euro (£352,000) bid from the Glasgow club on Tuesday night, the same amount his current employers paid to take him to Turkey in January.

That offer has been dismissed out of hand by Bursaspor, who are understood to want a fee of one million Euros (£888,000) for Miller.
    Cardiff City are said to have matched that valuation and, according to Bursaspor’s director of transfers, Erkan Kamat, Miller will fly to the UK today and head for the Welsh capital.

“The policy of Rangers is not good,” Kamat told STV. “I don't like it. It is a ridiculously low offer.

“As far as we are concerned, Kenny Miller has been sold to Cardiff City. He is going to be their player and he is not going to Rangers.”

Bursaspor, who have reluctantly agreed to allow Miller to return to the UK for family reasons, are keen to recoup more than they paid for the striker in January, in order to bring in a replacement.

“We are in a very bad position now,” said Kamat. “We have a Europa League match next week, Kenny is going and we need another striker.

“We want one million Euro to buy another player and we told Kenny’s agent this. I told also Andrew Dickson [Rangers' head of football administration] this.”

If this is true then surely alarm bells must be ringing by now??? Where's the £15m warchest?”

It could be a blessing in disguise for Rangers as both teams were leading the chase for Goodwillie and Miller, if Cardiff are happy just with Miller then it could improve the chances of Rangers signing Goodwillie.

Plus even though it seeming more and more apparent that Cuellar is holding out for an offer to come from Spain, if one doesn't materialise he might just settle for a move back to Rangers.

A transfer window with Cuellar and Goodwillie signing for about £4 million in total would be a pretty decent return. Rangers won the league last season so they didn't really needed to spend £15 million and the realists knew that Whyte never had anywhere near that amount to give anyway. A little extra squad depth and it should be another closely run season (assuming McCoist can prove himself).

To be fair, if Miller is unsettled in Turkey then I think it would be stupid to pay more than you got for him to bring him back.

As for Bursaspor and 'ridiculously low amounts', they offered something like 200k for Whittaker.

edit: Heard the Bears in full voice against Blackpool yesterday, the new song to the tune of By the Rivers of Babylon is brilliant :D
    Barcelona
    Colin Stein scored one
    Willie Johnston two

Repeat ad infinitum (which happened, went on for a good 25 minutes)

Wow, I thought the bids were bad, that 'song' is worse!

Where is the verse about the pitch invasion?

I hear the second verse is:

Barcelona
    Because of the pitch invasion
    We were banned the next season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Wow, I thought the bids were bad, that 'song' is worse!

Where is the verse about the pitch invasion?

Tbf its a step up from their usual sh1te

Hilarious.

So we make up a song about Rangers, and once again it's 'But look at what happened whine whine whine'

Can't wait to hear Ibrox belt this out to drown out that YNWA dirge (Not to mention that Just can't get enough crap).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

So we make up a song about Rangers, and once again it's 'But look at what happened whine whine whine'

I know, imagine that, people examining what you're singing about. Such a disgrace

Oddly enough it is seen as a digrace when 'Irish folk songs' (about sectarian murder groups) are criticised.

Oddly enough it is seen as a digrace when 'Irish folk songs' (about sectarian murder groups) are criticised.

Which songs are these now?

I have to :rolleyes: when you label the people that fought and died for the Irish Republic as sectarian. You have complete ignorance for Irish History.

Which songs are these now?

I have to :rolleyes: when you label the people that fought and died for the Irish Republic as sectarian. You have complete ignorance for Irish History.

Sure 'Her Royal Highness' has even paid homage to these so called "sectarian murder gangs".

:D

It seems you're the one who have complete ignorance and choose to see what you wish to see.

There's plenty of evidence to support the claim that the IRA were not just the brave freedom fighters some would have us believe they were, but also undertook actions with sectarian motives.
    Hence people who sing in their support are either ignorant of the history, or are fully aware of it and I can't really say which is the worst.

You also seem to twist my words, I never said that all people who fought for Irish freedom were sectarian or did so from sectarian viewpoints, I do however say that certain elements of the IRA commited acts of violence due to sectarian viewpoints.

Bottom line is: It really is getting f*cking tiresome to constantly hear this 'But ra Rangurs sing song aboot ra loya... uni... bigot basturts!' when your own support revel in sympathy for murderers and terrorists (Both by songs and by banners which are clearly influenced by the IRA symbols and slogans).

This was initially about a song made up to celebrate a great achievement in the history of Rangers and once again Celtic fans can't help themselves.

Guerilla warfare against an oppressing empire is now considered sectarian?

:facepalm:

Learn to read.

I never said that, I did say that sectarian acts of sectarian violence were carried out during it.
    Which makes certain elements of the IRA guilty of sectarianism, same for those who sing their praises.

It's rather simple.

• Advertisement

Learn to read.

I never said that, I did say that sectarian acts of sectarian violence were carried out during it.
    Which makes certain elements of the IRA guilty of sectarianism, same for those who sing their praises.

It's rather simple.

Gimme a few good examples of what you are talking about

Gimme a few good examples of what you are talking about

Altnaveigh
    Bandon Valley
    Coolacrease

Need any more ?
    The fact you seem to be oblivious to these events kind of proves my point, either you know about them and decide to conveniently forget them, or you don't know and then you don't really know the people you sing about.

Altnaveigh
    Bandon Valley
    Coolacrease

Need any more ?
    The fact you seem to be oblivious to these events kind of proves my point, either you know about them and decide to conveniently forget them, or you don't know and then you don't really know the people you sing about.

Surely then in that case you must be so horrified with your club's sectarian signing policy that you'd disown them? Unless you're being hypocritical?

You might also state how you feel about your majesty honouring our brave dead?

Altnaveigh
    Bandon Valley
    Coolacrease

Need any more ?

Who said I didnt know about these events? Jumping to conclusions there.

I suppose you think the whole Anglo-Irish War was sectarian event?

That is just a bit of craic. Like the Hearts game, when the whole stand erupted into IRA chants. The good guys won in the end.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    That is just a bit of craic. Like the Hearts game, when the whole stand erupted into IRA chants. The good guys won in the end.

I'd say it more like getting a easy rise out of ignorant and narrowminded people when an opposition supporter attacks a man because he's an Irish Catholic. Why cant people just be tolerant to Irish people, Irish history & culture?

• Advertisement

Because he wasn't attacked due to his Irish Catholic heritage, but because people think he's a **** ?

Tell me this: If Anti-Irish, Anti-Catholic hatred is so strong in Scotland, why didn't Martin O'Neill or even Liam Brady (Doesn't get more Irish Catholic than him) get targeted ?

And all the garbage starts again.:(

As for the pitch invasion do any of you really know what happened or are you all just bumping your gums as usual.

Re the singing of certain songs I am glad to see Celtic fans think its funny as they may find themselves in big bother themselves as by the looks of things songs won't have to be sectarian just offensive and I am sure there are many supporters of all the other clubs in Scotland will find some of the Tic Songbook very offensive.
    I find it quite ironic the the fans who started all this off could find themselves being bit on the ass;)

Celtic fans can whine all they want about last season and what happens in the stands but the most offensive thing to people possibly all over the UK or the world watching was the constant IRA chants from a stand full of Celtic fans at Hearts.

As for the pitch invasion do any of you really know what happened or are you all just bumping your gums as usual.

Nobody seems to be aware of the fact that this was seen by the Catalan people as fantastic.
    Franco's fascist police was hated all over the place, then they saw a foreign group of fans take those same people on (After Franco's troops started the violence) and basically make over 100 of them end up in hospital, which showed they didn't have to fear them.

If Rangers were so hated due to the pitch invasion, why were they invited back 2 years later in a tournament involving Barcelona, Bilbao and Ajax ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Celtic fans can whine all they want about last season and what happens in the stands but the most offensive thing to people possibly all over the UK or the world watching was the constant IRA chants from a stand full of Celtic fans at Hearts.

wow just...wow

that chanting was stupid, I'll give you that. Are you aware of the coverage the whole Neil Lennon saga received all over the world Keith?

its not just tic fans who feel sick to the stomach about the nature of the hate campaign directed at Lennon, the reason the worlds media sat up and took notice is because of the sectarian nature of the attacks and threats.

Now you can tell us all day long that Lennon wouldn't be abused if he was a more likeable guy, but do you really believe that?

Sounds silly worded like that doesn't it Keith?
    yet You and lots of other teddy bears want us to accept its not sectarian its because Lennons a p****

Is Niall McGinn a p****?
    Is Pat McCourt a p****?

Or are they Northern Irish Catholics associated with Celtic?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement