Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut - How much do you pay/what type of place do you go to?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

More upmarket. Book an appointment
    Dunjohn wrote: »
    Tenner for a quick cut? Damn, I thought €14 was the norm. I'll have to look around some more.

Defo look around. I get it done for a tenner in a unisex salon. Plenty of barbers and hairdressers doing midweek offers for students too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Cut/shave it myself
    jd007 wrote: »
    Do you work for L'Oreal?

Nope! I don't even use their shampoo and stuff!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

15 euro for me worth it though only hairdressers in town that no matter when you go in.They're only be one in front of you and he does a pretty good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

no cuts in 09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 offwego

At least one on Patrick Street in Dublin charges €6 during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Reminds me i need a cut.

Usually $20 every three weeks. No booking. Nice place. Great staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Cut/shave it myself
    €38 for a wash, cut and blow-dry for me. All the magazines you can read and tea and coffee. No small talk either!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Cut/shave it myself
    Do it myself. I favour the wild look, once a year I just cut out the knots.

/throws cat

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

€7.50 is the student rate where I go (normal price would be a tenner), and if you go in with a friend its €6 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Used to buzz it myself up until around a year ago, now I go to The Grafton Barber once every few months. Most of the barbers there really know what they're doing, and only costs me €9 with a student card :D

[edit] I don't get it buzzed still at Grafton Barber, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Usually a tenner

Except my last hair-cut. My mate's an apprentice barber in my local barber's so he just stands there looking at the barbers cut hair all day, unless someone who he knows comes in for a free haircut.

So he text me asking if I wanted a freebie. I didn't even need a cut, but the thoughts of something free drew me in.

It didn't end well. I don't know if the moral of the story is never help a friend or only go to a qualified barbers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I get a haircut about once every six weeks, costs me €18 and the bird knows exactly what I want by now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I pay a tenner,some places charge 20 the rip merchants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

A wash, cut and color at my local salon is normally around €50-70 depending on the lenght of hair but since I like to pre-wash my hair at home (the girl who washes the hair in the salon can't seem to understand the words "Be gentle"...), I only pay around €20. It also helps that I'm quite pally with the owners. Mate rates FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I get mine cut about every 3 or 4 months in a barber's shop in Marchmont Street. Cost, £15

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

40 quid in foundation on stephens street, only get it cut bout 3 times a year and its def worth it.Girl there now knows my cut so handy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i just go to a local barbers and its a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A hairdresser friend regularly calls around and cuts it for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm bald
    every few months do my own, grade 1 - 4 all over depending on time of year and current mood

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I'm bald
    I just ask a female friend/relative.
    It doesn't matter if they can't cut hair, I'm not going to like it either way.

I wouldn't let a guy mate cut it.
    They'd intentionally make a balls of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

€8 local barbers on Bangor Road Close to crumlin shopping center same price on the old county road too €5 if you are unemployed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Its getting to the stage where I get my hair cut so infrequently that its like going to the dentist. I know I need to go but keep putting it off. I'm losing my hair at an alarming rate so I'm holding on to what I have until absolutely necessary. I'm surprised that they havent given me an appointment card for my 6 month check up! Get it done in the Barbers Room on College St. 20 quid for a wash, cut and a conversation with a FINE lady of eastern european extraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I just got a free haircut at a barbershop down the street from me. They normally charge around ten US dollars. Most area salons charge at least $40 for a wash, cut and dry, which I think is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

€7 in just cuts in rathmines perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

nearest barbour dont care

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bolders

Cheep russian barber shop on Talbot st. - 6e
    Local barber shop on Main st. Blanch - 12 e

And there is no difference .. Well .. maybe one... communication problem ....
    Girls don't have much of an English over there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

paconnors wrote: »
    nearest barbour dont care

This is about a "cut", not a "coat".:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What about including mid-priced places in the poll?

Peter Mark mostly, as you can pretty much walk in and get your hair done whenever you feel like it, or else a local salon (open far less hours and often an appointment has to be booked quite a long time in advance).

I don't get anything complicated done and I have poker-straight hair. For a colour touch-up (just black - no mixing involved) and a trim, I pay between €55 (local salon) and €80 (Peter Mark). No need for straightening or deep conditioning. My hair is considerably long which adds to the expense.
    That might seem excessive cost-wise but if I were to get the same done in a posh place I could be charged €120+! :eek:

A hairdressing school would charge me about €40 (and they do a good job as they're so careful and are being supervised - if you want something done which is too difficult, a fully qualified stylist will do it as a demonstration for the trainees, which is always sweet :pac:) but those places are not open weekends or evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Aidric wrote: »
    I get a haircut about once every six weeks, costs me €18 and the bird knows exactly what I want by now.

her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I nearly wasnt goin to post this cos i wanted to keep it a secret, but im just too bloody delighted with myself. Eventually...after years of paying €40+ in peter marks for a hit and miss Cut and Blow Dry, finally found a deadly mobile hairdresser.

Wait for it....

€15 for a brilliant cut and blow dry, with Kerastase products..in my own gaff last night, in my PJs while watching the soaps. I gave her a fiver tip (which i never do) cos i was just so delighted with myself (and my hair) :D

Brummytom ye need to add another option to your poll there ha!

Advertisement