Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut - How much do you pay/what type of place do you go to?

Options
  • 26-01-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's probably a beauty/hair forum.. but this question is for everyone, really.

This came up in school today. How much do you pay for a haircut?
    Most of the lads (including myself) go to your standard barbers - walk in, hair cut, pay a fiver, fuck off.

Some, however, went for the whole "Book an appointment, turn up, have a cuppa, read a magazine, hair cut, hand over 20 quid, book next appointment".

Just wondering which category people on here would fit more into?

So? 111 votes

Fairly cheap barbers/hairdressers. Don't book
    0%
    More upmarket. Book an appointment
    67%
    StephenentropiSpearRabiesneilmfizzyniceniceenda1brianthebardpaconnorsT-Squareme-skywalkerOctavarIanArcherondotsmanDermot2468cashvilleCarroller16admiralofthefleetNiall09Liam Byrne 75 votes
    Cut/shave it myself
    15%
    Lia_liagizmoFiretrapohthebabyAbiJev/NGrahamThomasCianRyanmilly4everMilky MooLola92sillyputtysmiley girlalwaysadubemilyeveRosyLilyMr. Manager 17 votes
    I'm bald
    17%
    Dont be at yourselfRuu_OldtmanKingp35snubblesteRoviweederOuijaboardthetealBaconZombieDanbo!rlistonrgt320qMint SauceTheZohanSballLunoHyperbulletRockn 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Paddys in Lucan, a tenner, no fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

10 euro, **** barber but no small-talking

suits me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Go to a sound local fellow, cuts hair, while having some light banter, very quick, pay him a tenner and walk out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Shave it myself with a clippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Cut/shave it myself
    Up to 60 quid for a cut and blow dry but than again thats wimmin folks for ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

brummytom wrote: »

Some, however, went for the whole "Book an appointment, turn up, have a cuppa, read a magazine, hair cut, hand over 20 quid, book next appointment".

TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I go to a barber when I'm just gettin my haircut, usually a c-cut, have a chat about Man United give him a tenner and be on my merry way.

I go to a 'male hairdresser' when I'm getting colour in my hair, some small talk while cutting then fúcks off and leaves me with a Nuts magazine while it drys. €25 for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

12 euros in Ferdinand Bol Straat, in De Pijp.
    No chat due to language barriers.
    Suits fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Tenner for a quick cut? Damn, I thought €14 was the norm. I'll have to look around some more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

€14 it cost me in a barbers the other day, dry cut, felt a little bit stiffed, but when he also wanted €14 for my 5 year old, i was a bit SERIOUSLY like, cop on! its only now i think of it that i should have pointed out that my son was a student and should only have been charged €10.

yes, i know, bit pedantic, but €14 seems like he used celtic tiger claws to cut my childs hair! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Knights in Dundrum. €20 wash and cut, sometimes €2 tip. I HATE small talk so this place is perfect, no one speaks enough english to say anything. They're all polish. But once they can understand 'short on sides and tidy up on top' I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Go to a local barbers around once a month for my short back and sides haircut.Its a small spot but all staff are sound out and do a good quick tidy job for a respectable 10euros.
    Sweet.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Cut/shave it myself
    70euro or so for Toni & Guy in Dundrum. They're the only ones able to do anything half decent with my unruly mop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

New barbers that opened locally about 6 months ago has been my place for ages. I always tip him, cos he really does a good job (not that I'm overly complicated tho!).

Usually around €20 for my whole trip to barbers (this includes paper I usually buy en-route, haircut itself and a trip into the local pub around the corner!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm bald
    haven't paid for a haircut since i was a broke student. it's pretty easy to do with a clippers yourself - and i aint talking about a shave all over job

so, in 6 years i've paid. . . about €70 - broke a couple of clippers along the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Tenner for a quick cut? Damn, I thought €14 was the norm. I'll have to look around some more.
    xsiborg wrote: »
    €14 it cost me in a barbers the other day, dry cut, felt a little bit stiffed

Don't know about Galway and Limerick but there are loads of barber shops now in Dublin city centre that are all part of the same group, charging ca. €7 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. As recently as 3 years ago I don't think there were half as many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Some local barber. Reminds me that I need a haircut very very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

brummytom wrote: »
    This came up in school today. How much do you pay for a haircut?
    Most of the lads (including myself) go to your standard barbers - walk in, hair cut, pay a fiver, fuck off.

?

Champs in Dun Laoghaire.. €18 scissors cut tea, cofffe, magazine hot chick nice chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Cut/shave it myself
    Funny I am getting my haircut tomorrow.
    It's usually about 30euro as I am a student, I usually let it grow to about 3 inches below my shoulder get bored and then get it cut up to sitting on my shoulder and all choppy layers.

Inevitably I will miss my longer hair the minute I get it done but will be happy when I realise how much easier it is to style.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

UCD Barber
    Friendly lads, local, good with a blade and scissors
    €14 cut
    I find the cheap barbers (€6/€8) are poor haircutters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Used to shave it myself but gone away from that noe. €9 in the local barbers, its one of those run by women though so ya get a haircut plus the whole boobs on the back of yer head thrown in for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Cut/shave it myself
    Normally about €50, but I'm worth it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Normally about €50, but I'm worth it:D

Do you work for L'Oreal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm bald
    I haven't got a haircut in two and a half years, last time paid 30 euro or so and I just said I could do this myself and ever since then trim my fringe or whatever hairstyle I feel like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

€5 for an excellent "shave-back-and-sides-and-trim-on-top".

Use to go to Grafton Barbers (because it's right next to me), but will never again pay that kind of money (circa €25) and spend ages queuing.

The place I now go (Polish place half way up talbot street on the RHS as you're coming from the IFSC) - there's never a queue, don't have to engage in bull$hit conversation about the weather etc and the resulting haircut is as good as any other place I've been. In and out in 15 minutes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Local barber i've known since i was a child, 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Long hair= don't need to waste time/money on haircuts.

Get one every six months or so, go to fancy-ish place but only pay €12 coz i iz student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Is this the "Are you a male or a female?" thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm bald

That.
    Tried getting a couple of proper haircuts last year but couldn't find anything that really suited me. Ended up going back to cutting it myself and haven't regretted it.

Use them to shave my face as well, so no pricey razors to buy either!:p

Advertisement