Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellybutton Fluff

Options
  • 22-01-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

So this is something that's been troubling me for some time. How does this ridiculous thing come about? It just seems to appear.

And it's always blue, no matter what colour top I'm wearing.

What is it and where does it comes from?!* :(

*'Bellybutton fluff' and 'bellybutton' don't count as answers, smart-arses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Someone sticks it there when your not looking just to confuse you..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thatt'll be the Underpants Gnomes Fluff Faries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Your living in a world full of smurfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Have you ever seen Return of the Jedi ? Towards the beginning they are trying to drop Luke and Han down onto this hole in the middle of the dessert with these tentacle trying to draw them into this buried creatures mouth.

The hair on your bellybutton is doing the exact same thing with the 'fluff', because R2-D2 isn't there to save the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

brummytom wrote: »

I wouldn't know I wash myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hadn't checked in ages - but just did after reading this & found a massive lump of the stuff. :eek: Must be time for the monthly shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Vain wrote: »
    I wouldn't know I wash myself.
    I shower at least once a day!

If I wear a top for more than a few hours, I get loads of fluff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Have you ever seen Return of the Jedi ? Towards the beginning they are trying to drop Luke and Han down onto this hole in the middle of the dessert with these tentacle trying to draw them into this buried creatures mouth. Sarlacc.

The hair on your bellybutton is doing the exact same thing with the 'fluff', because R2-D2 isn't there to save the day.
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dead skin, body hair, clothes fabric. Also interesting wiki piece. :)
    Graham Barker of Perth, Western Australia, is in the Guinness Book of Records as the record holder for collecting navel lint. He has been collecting navel lint almost every day for over 20 years since 17 January 1984. He collects about 3.03 mg per day. Contrary to the research of Dr. Kruszelnicki, his lint was in a particular shade of red[4] for six years and then turned green, correlating with a change of his bath towels from red to green.[5]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Its magic - that's the only explanation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I am out of the country at the moment, so could someone take the OP out and get him laid in the meantime ?

Any of the ladies want to take one for the team here ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Any of the ladies want to take one for the team here ??
    Oi!! :(

Gimme a minute while I get this fluff out

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I have terrible gout down there so dont look into it often....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It comes from the monsters in yer belly button as they burrow their way through yer naval into yer tummy

Aaaaa... its good to be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It comes up from your underwear. (Not a joke!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

brummytom wrote: »
    So this is something that's been troubling me for some time. How does this ridiculous thing come about? It just seems to appear.

And it's always blue, no matter what colour top I'm wearing.

*'Bellybutton fluff' and 'bellybutton' don't count as answers, smart-arses

Toe fluff is way worse! There's eight places to clean out!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Didnt Zig and Zag have a bellybutton fluff collection? (Back in the day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A serious answer:

Bellybutton fluff is created by the fibres from your clothes. The fibres from your pants, underwear and shirt mix within your belly button. (don't ask how pant fluff gets up there. I don't know.)

Now you're wondering 'Why is it alayws blue?'. Well firstly, it's not always. However most of the time it's blue because the majority of the clothes we wear have blue microfibres which add up in the bellybutton.

If you were to wear a white pants with a red t-shirt (Or vice versa), and white underwear, you would get pink looking fluff.

:D

Source: A Brainiac episode I remember watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

oddly enough i found a ball of fluff in my bellybutton today, and i usually dont. 'mazin really... mine is always blue too. i like when i discover a full bellybutton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Am I the only person, who has never once in their life found fluff in their belly button?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Blisterman wrote: »
    Am I the only person, who has never once in their life found fluff in their belly button?

Nudist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Blisterman wrote: »

yes. yes you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

JPA wrote: »
    It comes up from your underwear. (Not a joke!!)

Yeah -if your name is Simon Cowell & you wear your jocks up to your nipples.

Advertisement