Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wednesday 23/4

Options
  • 22-04-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Epsom 1:45

Stone of Folca seems an obvious selection given his excellent record at the course and when fresh. He is drawn high which is an advantage but probably would prefer better ground but still nothing stands out at all in this field and 9/1 with bet365 is Value

1 Point win 9/1 Bet365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Would have put that up but for the ground. Also seems very interesting that the hood was absent all last season but is declared to run tomorrow.

Best said back in 2013 "If it is anything worse than good, then I'd be surprised if he ran. Ideally the quicker the ground the better for him". With softish ground and showers forecast I suspect he'll be pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

In an effort to make up for a poor weekend...

Problema Tic absolute NAP of the day at Perth picked at 9-1 last night not sure what his price is right now.

Cool Baranca ew at 20-1 last night again not sure what current price is

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Moontime Epsom 2.50 impressed me in winning his only start last year.Strange that they have gelded him as he,s well bred & runnin in a derby trial but cant run in the Derby.Think he can win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got Red Runaway at 2.20 at Epsom and Very Noble at 7 in Taunton. Very Noble look like a safe bet for that one, bit of a more outside for Red Runaway but heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Wicked spice half brother to balthazar king went off favourite for bumper in march finished nowhere 16-1 today ew first time jumping first at perth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

ste2010 wrote: »
    In an effort to make up for a poor weekend...

Problema Tic absolute NAP of the day at Perth picked at 9-1 last night not sure what his price is right now.

Cool Baranca ew at 20-1 last night again not sure what current price is

Backed Pigeon Island in that at 13/2 he was beaten only a neck off half a stone higher by a horse who was placed in the Irish National he is beginning to look very well handicapped

There is no doubt in my mind that 7.15 Southwell Phoenix Flight 10/1 mark of 110 is one that he's quite a bit better than but it's just about trying to find out when he'll pop up. The step up to 3 miles may help a lot given he stayed 2m4f on the flat but he can be quite keen so hopefully he settles. Not one for maximum faith as he's a hard one to get right but I feel he has the ability to rout this field.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

rossom wrote: »
    There is no doubt in my mind that 7.15 Southwell Phoenix Flight 10/1 mark of 110 is one that he's quite a bit better than but it's just about trying to find out when he'll pop up. The step up to 3 miles may help a lot given he stayed 2m4f on the flat but he can be quite keen so hopefully he settles. Not one for maximum faith as he's a hard one to get right but I feel he has the ability to rout this field.
    Saw this, opened at 16/1. Am hoping today isn't the day the handbrake is taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Saw this, opened at 16/1. Am hoping today isn't the day the handbrake is taken off.
    10/1 with 365 seems to be the best available. Shorter on exchanges.
    Money seems to be down.

Pinesky wrote: »
    10/1 with 365 seems to be the best available. Shorter on exchanges.
    Money seems to be down.

Yard really be a gambling yard so may mean nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Yard really be a gambling yard so may mean nothing.[/quote
    i just cannot believe it didnt win.
    Great spot .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Gutted, only one I backed all day. Decent profit all the same. Great picking.

Bloody annoying there with Phoenix Flight. Think he definitely would have won with a better jump at the last. Still thought he was pretty keen for most of the contest and I think a hood would help him no end. Will probably go up 4 or 5lb for that which is a massive pain.

I think Bobs Legend 15/8 should take a world of beating in the last at Southwell. Hopefully will make up for the Phoenix Flight.

Bloody annoying there with Phoenix Flight. Think he definitely would have won with a better jump at the last. Still thought he was pretty keen for most of the contest and I think a hood would help him no end. Will probably go up 4 or 5lb for that which is a massive pain.
    Nothing more annoying than watching a horse for over a year, then getting on at a big price and seeing it narrowly get beaten :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like Bold Tara ew
    Think it can do well

Have a €1.50 free bet, so going to use it on Bold Tara at 14/1 :)

Sorry about that one. Very dodgy as he was nearly 3/1 on the exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Crazy Traine ew 100-1
    Ran decent race last time behind prettyasapicture

Advertisement