Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses around UCD

Options
  • 09-04-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone who has lived in houses which were pretty near to campus (e.g. around Fosters ave. or Roebuck rd.) could tell me how to go about getting the contact details for them? Daft doesn't seem to have much up yet and I want to get this **** sorted as soon as possible :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Those houses are a nightmare to sort tbh, any students keeping them in good shape will either have it for the next year or give it to their friends (as was my case), and when they make bits of it the LL is usually very conservative the following year and prefers to rent to families or postgrads (another case I've seen first hand).

You have a higher chance if you're all girls but it'll still be tough. Having said that if you're willing to start looking this early you are in prime position to snap one up so don't let me get you down because those houses have to go to someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

There is a house off Roebuck Road, and I'm pretty sure every single year one of my friends or a friend of friend ends up in it. Personally I'd go a little further afield, anything close to UCD that I've been in has been 'questionable' at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

If you can't get close to UCD just make sure you're close to a good bus route like the 145 or 46a

Advertisement