Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemmy has pacemaker fitted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The man is about 40 years late for his own death already!

/salutes Lemmy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

12015572_ori.jpg

I don't say this about bass players often but this guy is a legend.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Wow, never knew that. Hopefully it'll keep him alive for a few more years. Very few hell raisers left

• Registered Users Posts: 7 saffire6

i hope he still lasts a couple of years, the world needs people like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

First saw Lemmy in about 1971. He was in Hawkwind at the time.
    Utter legend.
    How hes lasted until now I know not.

And from that very tour.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 saffire6

yeah i know that video, jsus man, you saw them back then? tell me, is it true what he always said in interviews, that they used to spike the audience with doctor hoffmans potion? Or is that just a tall tale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

saffire6 wrote: »
    yeah i know that video, jsus man, you saw them back then? tell me, is it true what he always said in interviews, that they used to spike the audience with doctor hoffmans potion? Or is that just a tall tale?

I was about 13 years old at the time. My first ever concert. We had moved over to England. Usual story.

Went to the gig with some friends. Parents had no idea what Hawkwind was about. Thank feck or no way would they have let me go.

Middlesbrough Town Hall was the venue. The first thing that hit you at the concert was a strange herbal smell. (I was 13 and had no idea what it was) I smiled a lot. Passive smoking at its best. Everyone and I mean everyone was off their heads, whether intentionally or not.

Then the music and lights and poetry. They used a strobe effect most of the time. If you suffered from Epilepsy a Hawkwind gig was not the place to be.

Then Stacia. Wow. Just wow. Made quite an impression on this young boy at the time I can tell ya. Always liked big boobed women. Not sure why!

The day after the concert I thought I'd gone deaf. The buzzing in my ears was that bloody loud.

The 'Space Ritual' LP now CD was recorded on that tour. To this day I think it's the finest 'Live' album I've heard. Lemmys base playing on tracks like 'Shouldn't do that' and 'Born to Go' is excellent.

They are still my favourite band and produced some fantastic work in the 1970's. Way way ahead of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rock fan

not a pace maker probarly a new heart made from an empty Jack Daniels bottle and a 12 volt car battery !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Stacia lives in Laois now - http://www.staciablake.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

The man is ALL heart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement