Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optilase: Recent Experiences

Options
  • 21-04-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I had a consultation with Optilase Ely Place last week and I was just wondering if anyone had any recent experiences with them they would be willing to share?

I know there are some other threads on here but, they are quite dated so, was just hoping for some more up-to-date feedback.

I felt very comfortable and confident coming out of my consultation and have provisionally booked the surgery for mid-May so, any info would be greatly appreciated before I confirm/cancel this week!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I've had my consultation last February and finally booked surgery for 1st of May so unfortunately I can't give you any feedback regarding the actual procedure.

Regarding the consultation, I had mine in Limerick. Had a bit of time mulling the whole thing over afterwards and didn't get any further contact from Optilase until I contacted them with a few questions after which I got a call from the person I did my consultation with and all my questions were answered in detail. I liked the fact there was no hard sell as that would have been very off putting for me.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I would also be interested in hearing any feed-back from folks who have had the procedure done recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I had laser eye surgery done 3 years ago and it is without doubt the very best thing I have ever done for myself.

While I didn't go with optilase, I think they are all on a par. The aftercare service I received was brilliant. Had to get my right eye done about 9 months later. It was very poor to start with and it was said at the time I may need it later. Had it done and to this day I have never experienced any discomfort.

Only advice I would give is to invest in a very good pair of sunglasses. When I had the surgery my consultant said, if you are spending thousands getting this done, spend a little bit more for the proper glasses. I got ones that are specific for those of us with the surgery. They cost about €190 but I am never without them. The glare can be hard going at times.

Go for it, after a few days you will have perfect eyesight and think why didn't I do this sooner!! Good luck.

Advertisement