Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP Exam 8th March

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mola85

Another few weeks to wait.
    I guess it's best to try forget about it completely.
    Distraction is key....and maybe possibly thinking up a 'plan B' other than college....those damn multiple choice questions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well i have distractions of 4 assignments by the end of april to get done. so i'm sorted on the distraction front.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clo14

Mola85 wrote: »
    Another few weeks to wait.
    I guess it's best to try forget about it completely.
    Distraction is key....and maybe possibly thinking up a 'plan B' other than college....those damn multiple choice questions!!!

Ah okay sorry should have checked that first before putting the idea in everyone's head lol sorry! Speaking of 'plan b' I've read the cao website about the change of mind option comin up in May or something but don't fully understand the whole thing, can I ask if anyone knows if u can add in other courses or is it just that u can change the order of ur choices already there! Missed the option to pay the 10e to add and am thinking that u can hardly add more for free in May? Hope that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Yeah I haven't gotten anything. I'm just waiting for the email, that I assume they're sending! Ya I was going to change around 1 or 2 things but I think that's passed, there are numerous chances to change it as far as I remember.

you can change around your course in may free of charge. not sure about adding them though

• Advertisement

Ya actually I read that earlier about being free, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Results on 22nd April 2014.

Next Tuesday...jeepers.

Mola85 wrote: »
    Next Tuesday...jeepers.

How do we know it's Tuesday?....if it is, that will be an interesting day!!!!

Keep an eye on the website, they should be sending an email anyway to let you know what the deal is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Clo14 wrote: »
    How do we know it's Tuesday?....if it is, that will be an interesting day!!!!

Because I looked at the website and they said the 22nd, I've read some of you're previous posts. I think we're going for the same thing. If I'm correct, there's only fifteen places for mature students.

So the results are in guys!!! Just logged on to the website!! Did great in my essay but absolutely horrific in the questions!!!! Arrgghhhhhh!!! 94 percentile in the essays and a lousy 31 in the questions!! That 31 brought down my overall to 67! I'm assuming that isn't great!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Scored in the 62nd Percentile for Module 1 and the 58th Percentile for Module 2, thought I had done better in Module 1 tbh. Scored in the 61st Percentile overall so don't think that will be enough for the course I applied for in UCC but sure we'll wait and see.

Ross1986 wrote: »
    Scored in the 62nd Percentile for Module 1 and the 58th Percentile for Module 2, thought I had done better in Module 1 tbh. Scored in the 61st Percentile overall so don't think that will be enough for the course I applied for in UCC but sure we'll wait and see.

I'm the same Ross, applied for social work and not sure if that's good enough! Was speakin to a guy that did the msap with me and he said that he got an a letter for an interview on like Thursday or something! Ucc obviously get the results before we do! But only thing is that he lives in the city and I live a lil bit away from it so I'm hoping that I might recieve a letter today or tomorrow........will lose all hope of it after that tho!!!

I'm going for Sport Studies and Physical Education and their only method of selection is by the MSAP results so that doesnt fill me with hope haha! I've an interview for UL though in a few weeks so that's going to get all my attention now.

Fingers crossed for you :)

I'm going for Sport Studies and Physical Education and their only method of selection is by the MSAP results so that doesnt fill me with hope haha! I've an interview for UL though in a few weeks so that's going to get all my attention now.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Ahh well that's fab, best of luck with the interview!! I have one in trinity tomorrow so just have to put the msap outa my head!! But sur look u never know u could still be called aswell the percentiles are of all the peeps that sat the exam in Ireland as far as I know right? So relative to them that's the score but relative to those who went for the course in ucc u could be one of the highest!!?? I think that's the way it works if I'm not mistaken or else I'm just trying to kid myself and make the best of a rather crappy situation lol!! Either way we did our best!!!

all i'm gonna say on the matter is that i'm gonna have to depend on my results from fetac for this year and last year. praying to god that it will be enough, but that exam result was a disaster and i'm not the only one either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    all i'm gonna say on the matter is that i'm gonna have to depend on my results from fetac for this year and last year. praying to god that it will be enough, but that exam result was a disaster and i'm not the only one either :(

I'm sure it wasn't that bad! Chin up and all that!

I sat the MSAP in the year of its introduction in 2009, so it was a bit nerve racking. I thought I didn't do so great either, but a few years later and I'm now in the second year of my PhD in UCC. ;)

Oh nice! How did you end up getting into UCC? Were you awarded a place through the MSAP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Oh nice! How did you end up getting into UCC? Were you awarded a place through the MSAP?

Yes, and I was doing a Level 5 Fetac course at the time too, so I think that might have helped.

• Advertisement

Byron85 wrote: »
    Yes, and I was doing a Level 5 Fetac course at the time too, so I think that might have helped.

yeah i did level 5 last year, & i'm doing a level 6 this year. so i think i should be ok. :D

Hey Ross, mean't to get back to you on this!! I have been speaking to people in relation to the MSAP results and our results are actually very good. My initial thoughts were that mine were not good at all but apparently that's not the case!!

Following that, I got an interview with UCC based on my MSAP results (delighted!!!) so you might get one too!! Hope the UL interview went well!1

Byron85 wrote: »
    Did you just look up the Fetac website and apply to 1 of their courses or something?

Clo14 wrote: »
    Hey Ross, mean't to get back to you on this!! I have been speaking to people in relation to the MSAP results and our results are actually very good. My initial thoughts were that mine were not good at all but apparently that's not the case!!

Following that, I got an interview with UCC based on my MSAP results (delighted!!!) so you might get one too!! Hope the UL interview went well!1

Congrats on your interview, when do you have it? I guess it just shows how confusing the whole MSAP process can be!haha There's no interview for the course I want to do, think it's just based on previous experience, personal statement and MSAP results. Will have to wait until June though to find out the result.

Had my interview on Thursday, thought it went well but you never know with those things. They were interviewing 30 people for about 10 places. We get notified by Friday at the latest so wont be getting my hopes up until I know the result.

hope every one got the courses they wanted. i got my email telling me i was eligible for the two courses i applied for :D thank god for those results from my course last year and this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fi Barry

hope every one got the courses they wanted. i got my email telling me i was eligible for the two courses i applied for :D thank god for those results from my course last year and this year.

I got an email saying I was eligable for CK101! I got Arts. I didnt think I would be accepted for anything. Im so happy for you too!!!

Fi Barry wrote: »
    I got an email saying I was eligable for CK101! I got Arts. I didnt think I would be accepted for anything. Im so happy for you too!!!

CONGRATS to you :D

same boat to be honest, i'm gonna take Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fi Barry

CONGRATS to you :D

same boat to be honest, i'm gonna take Arts.

You going to go for UCC too? I'm still in a little bit of shock, every other course I went for maintained that I was not eligable at all lol! But Arts was my first choice anyway etc

Fi Barry wrote: »
    You going to go for UCC too? I'm still in a little bit of shock, every other course I went for maintained that I was not eligable at all lol! But Arts was my first choice anyway etc

yup heading for UCC :D it was the only university that i went all the way for. still in a state of shock.

• Advertisement

Well done guys!! Great news
    I haven't heard anything from NUIG yet. Hoping next week?

Advertisement