Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can graduates log into the my.tcd portal??

• 10-04-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know if your username/password for the student portal expires when you graduate? I just got an email there telling me I have a new message in my intray and I should check the portal, but I can't log in. Not sure if I've just forgotten my password or if I no longer have the rights to it.

(It's probably nothing - department sending things to an old mailing list or something - but I wonder why I'm being emailed about it when I can't seem to access it).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I just got the exact same thing and can't log in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

It's from the Careers Advisory Service , asking to complete a "First Destination Returns Survey"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Yes, you can log in. You have just forgotten your password. Did it myself earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

234 wrote: »
    Yes, you can log in. You have just forgotten your password. Did it myself earlier.

Ok, thanks. Have tried every variant of password I can remember ever using in TCD though :o Will try reset it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

Ok, thanks. Have tried every variant of password I can remember ever using in TCD though :o Will try reset it.

Same here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

papu wrote: »
    It's from the Careers Advisory Service , asking to complete a "First Destination Returns Survey"

So I can safely ignore for now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

So I can safely ignore for now?

Absolutely. It's only ~3 questions relating to what course you did and what you are doing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

234 wrote: »
    Absolutely. It's only ~3 questions relating to what course you did and what you are doing now.

If they want that information they should just email us with a surveymonkey list or something.. No need to make us remember/reset some password for this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TCD Careers Advisory Service

Afternoon All

If you are a graduate of 2013 and received this message we would really appreciate it if you could fill in the survey - otherwise we have you ring you up and get this info from you personally.

We are told that if you are experiencing difficulties accessing the my.tcd.ie portal, please click on the ‘Forgot Password’ button on the my.tcd.ie login screen. Please follow the instructions and use *your student number* as the username. A new password will be emailed to you.

If you are still having problems after you do this please fill in the 'old look' survey at www.tcd.ie/Careers/graduates/FDR_survey.php (or www.tcd.ie/Careers/graduates/FDR_PDEsurvey.php if you did the PDE).

Apologies for all of this - it is the first year of this survey going out online, previously you would have a paper survey sent to your home address. That's progress for you!

Thanks to all who have completed the survey and to those who emailed us to say you were having problems - we are responding to your emails today.

CAS

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TCD Careers Advisory Service

Morning!

To all TCD graduates of 2013

The survey closes tomorrow for completion through my.tcd.ie so if you haven't already filled it in please, (please please please!) fill it in today - will take about 5 mins.

If you are reading this after 8th May (or have problems accessing my.tcd.ie) you can still fill in the form via the two links in the above message - this will still help us greatly.

If you don't respond via the questionnaire (whichever way) expect a phone call from one of the CAS team asking for brief information.

Tell your friends.

Many thanks to those who have already filled in the survey - much appreciated.

Regards

TCD Careers Advisory Service

• Advertisement
Advertisement