Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancellation List waiting times

Options
  • 30-08-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi I have just done my test and was unsuccessful and have re-applied for the cancellation list. Just wondering if anyone can give me any idea how long the waiting list is generally for to get called when on this list? And how much notice they give you between telling you and sitting the actual test? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LDC ADI 34490

Hi I have just done my test and was unsuccessful and have re-applied for the cancellation list. Just wondering if anyone can give me any idea how long the waiting list is generally for to get called when on this list? And how much notice they give you between telling you and sitting the actual test? Thank you

You could get called at any time. If an original test is cancelled, the test office will go through (in order) a list of candidates on the cancellation list to see who is available to take the original slot. You could be waiting anything from a few days to a few weeks.

You'll generally get a minimum of a few days notice.

Padraic

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Thank you :) It's a relief to know because I have to book the instructors car an was hoping I would get a few days notice to let them know. Thank again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Minimum be two days notice but you could be waiting for a few days, few weeks a few months depends how soon a slot is cancelled and where you are on the list. Be ready, prepared and on your toes when it happens. Practice practice practice and know your rules of the road! Good luck with the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bakergirl91

i am waiting on my test too and was wondering the exact same thing! i would think that it will depend on where you are in the country as well, so if your in Dublin the waiting list for a cancellation could be very long! i know of someone who was waiting just as long on the cancellation list for the test as she would have been if she just booked it regularly ! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

i am waiting on my test too and was wondering the exact same thing! i would think that it will depend on where you are in the country as well, so if your in Dublin the waiting list for a cancellation could be very long! i know of someone who was waiting just as long on the cancellation list for the test as she would have been if she just booked it regularly ! :/

Ring or Email the RSA best way to find out the waiting times for cancellation list or regular list. The table on the RSA website hasn't been updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

I think reading the posts that it would be an incentive to pass the test first time . it has for me, if the waiting times are that long. roll on the 13th.

Advertisement