Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARMA II - Fuzzy Graphics?

Options
  • 22-02-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Chaps,

I finally got around to installing Arma II last night and I'm a little perplexed by something. Graphically it seems very soft, somewhat fuzzy. Is this normal? I've never seen this with any other game.

I do need to update it (I'm presuming there are updates) and I'll do the same with my card but I don't think it's due to not having the latest updates.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? I may be a little slow to respond to this thread as I'm currently without broadband for the moment.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055833498

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

presume you are running at the correct resolution so it sounds to me like it's the post processing. Turn it down or off and see if that gets rid of the vaseline smear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah turn off the post processing and turn down head bob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's two resolutions in the game from what I saw. There's your screen resolution then there's the 3d resolution. If the 3d resolution is lower than the screen resolution it looks fuzy on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Post processing? You mean all the little graphical boosts such as Model, Terrain detail etc? I left everything at Default and have the game set to the correct resolution of the screen (1680 x 1050). I'll try it again when I get home and I'll post a screenshot or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Post processing? You mean all the little graphical boosts such as Model, Terrain detail etc? I left everything at Default and have the game set to the correct resolution of the screen (1680 x 1050).

Both resolutions must match and the PP isnt great i use a mod that make its less swirly. Theres an option in Advanced called PP one of the patches added in a few other options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You need the updated patch to get the post processing option, latest is 1.05

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭madmarco245

I had a really annoying issue similar to this whereby my textures (set as Highest) would just lower themselves to the Lowest setting.

If I recall, the most recent graphics card drivers (ATi) solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks guys, I installed the latest patch and everything is sharp as a tack.

Advertisement