Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haircut - How much do you pay/what type of place do you go to?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

More upmarket. Book an appointment
    €8 local barbers on Bangor Road Close to crumlin shopping center same price on the old county road too €5 if you are unemployed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Its getting to the stage where I get my hair cut so infrequently that its like going to the dentist. I know I need to go but keep putting it off. I'm losing my hair at an alarming rate so I'm holding on to what I have until absolutely necessary. I'm surprised that they havent given me an appointment card for my 6 month check up! Get it done in the Barbers Room on College St. 20 quid for a wash, cut and a conversation with a FINE lady of eastern european extraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I just got a free haircut at a barbershop down the street from me. They normally charge around ten US dollars. Most area salons charge at least $40 for a wash, cut and dry, which I think is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

€7 in just cuts in rathmines perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

nearest barbour dont care

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bolders

Cheep russian barber shop on Talbot st. - 6e
    Local barber shop on Main st. Blanch - 12 e

And there is no difference .. Well .. maybe one... communication problem ....
    Girls don't have much of an English over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

paconnors wrote: »
    nearest barbour dont care

This is about a "cut", not a "coat".:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What about including mid-priced places in the poll?

Peter Mark mostly, as you can pretty much walk in and get your hair done whenever you feel like it, or else a local salon (open far less hours and often an appointment has to be booked quite a long time in advance).

I don't get anything complicated done and I have poker-straight hair. For a colour touch-up (just black - no mixing involved) and a trim, I pay between €55 (local salon) and €80 (Peter Mark). No need for straightening or deep conditioning. My hair is considerably long which adds to the expense.
    That might seem excessive cost-wise but if I were to get the same done in a posh place I could be charged €120+! :eek:

A hairdressing school would charge me about €40 (and they do a good job as they're so careful and are being supervised - if you want something done which is too difficult, a fully qualified stylist will do it as a demonstration for the trainees, which is always sweet :pac:) but those places are not open weekends or evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Aidric wrote: »
    I get a haircut about once every six weeks, costs me €18 and the bird knows exactly what I want by now.

her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I nearly wasnt goin to post this cos i wanted to keep it a secret, but im just too bloody delighted with myself. Eventually...after years of paying €40+ in peter marks for a hit and miss Cut and Blow Dry, finally found a deadly mobile hairdresser.

Wait for it....

€15 for a brilliant cut and blow dry, with Kerastase products..in my own gaff last night, in my PJs while watching the soaps. I gave her a fiver tip (which i never do) cos i was just so delighted with myself (and my hair) :D

Brummytom ye need to add another option to your poll there ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

12every 3 or 4 months in the barbers across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I used to get a haircut once a year in a local barbers for 12euro, hated getting it cut. I would give it a tidy at the back sometimes with a little scissors

now I try get it cut every 2 months because hair looks better when its shaped well. so far I havent got a bad cut from the guy

Advertisement