Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wrong way in a bus lane?

Options
  • 09-11-2011 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Just an observation of a particularly reckless thing yesterday, Nov. 8th.

Driving north on the Ballymun dual carriageway in the second lane (first general traffic lane) near Balcurris Road, at about 3:30pm in the afternoon.

Here comes a car, driven by a young lady, flying down the bus lane, on my left, TOWARDS me! She was doing a good 50kph or so. A minibus in the bus lane ahead of me, had to pull into my lane to avoid her.

How in the name of God did she manage to get herself pointing the wrong way on that bit of road in the first place, and how far did she think she was going to get before at least getting stopped, or at worst, an accident? Or was she really oblivious to the bus lane, the direction of the road, or what?

I thought I had seen everything, cars doing three point turns at the bottom of motorway slip roads, everything, but it just goes on. Needless to say, if I was expecting it, I'd have had her reg no, a photograph, everything. But I got nothing. It all happened in an instant.

What do you do with people like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

paddyland wrote: »

Generally I get out of their way and change my pants at the next garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

paddyland wrote: »

report it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I clean up my brix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 New Haven

It's more common than you would think. I saw three cars this year turn right from Bachelors Walk onto the wrong side of O Connell bridge to access Aston Quay. These all turned out to be tourists who would traditionally drive on the right.

I saw one driver drive the wrong way up Suffolk street only for her to get angry and nasty at people who tried to flag her down.

However, on a daily basis I see taxi drivers drive on footpaths and take short cuts on one-way streets (going the wrong way) and break almost every rule of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've seen tourists driving down city streets on the wrong side a few times.
    You just never know what's waiting behind a corner when you're out and about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I literally can't figure out how she ballsed that up - it's not the most complex setup in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Feckit, I'm buying a car with lots of metal and a good NCAP rating!

Advertisement