Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lexus is200 radio

Options
  • 10-11-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I'm abit clueless when it comes to cars so bear with me. I'm trying to replace the radio in the my boyfriends 2001 lexus for Christmas for him but apparently there rare enough to find spare ones. i was just wondering could anyone point in me in the right direction of where i could find one around Kerry Cork or Limerick and get it fitted. Also how much would be the normal amount to pay?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The radio in the IS200 is specific to that model of car, as it's no longer in production it's unlikely to be available new as a replacement from a dealer and if it was it's likely to be somewhere between €500 and €1000. Another option is to get one 2nd hand which could be got from Ebay or a scrapyard.

Your other option and I think best is to replace it with a standard size radio, this is done by purchasing a plastic housing (fascia) which allows a standard fit radio to fit. I'd recommend getting one with backlight colour that matches the cars internal instrument lighting. The likes of Halfords sell the fascias that will allow the radio to fit. You will get plenty of decent stereos around the €100 to €150 budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A new radio from lexus is a few grand. Even a double din oe toyota single cd for an old model Rav4 is over €1500. The lexus one is a 6 disc in dash cd changer

Try partfinder.ie for a used one but beware, many units break due to owners loading the cds too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nellyoc

The radio in the IS200 is specific to that model of car, as it's no longer in production it's unlikely to be available new as a replacement from a dealer and if it was it's likely to be somewhere between €500 and €1000. Another option is to get one 2nd hand which could be got from Ebay or a scrapyard.

Your other option and I think best is to replace it with a standard size radio, this is done by purchasing a plastic housing (fascia) which allows a standard fit radio to fit. I'd recommend getting one with backlight colour that matches the cars internal instrument lighting. The likes of Halfords sell the fascias that will allow the radio to fit. You will get plenty of decent stereos around the €100 to €150 budget.

I think I would perfer to try find a second hand one think it would look better. I was looking on donedeal and buy and sell and couldnt find anything except this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/2610841 and that doesnt sound very promising to be honest. It is one of the six cd radios and the cd player was actually broke it when he bought but didnt realise it till it was too late. Is my best option so just go looking for a lexus thats been crashed and scraped for parts??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I have one if you want it, took it out of 2002 IS200 exec 3 or 4 years ago to replace it with a pioneer. I would just have to put my hands on it, as I know I put it in the pioneer box just cannot remember where it is. Let me know if you would be willing to collect it and I will check at home tonight/tomorrow to make sure it is still there.
    Otherwise replace it with a standard stereo of your choice, to do so you will need the following ,along with a couple of hours a screw driver and a small amount of patients.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LEXUS-IS200-01-04-AMPLIFIER-BYPASS-CAR-ISO-STEREO-LEAD-/370540925279?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5645f5d15f

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LEXUS-200-300-CD-STEREO-RADIO-FASCIA-FACIA-KIT-IS200-/370542902836?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item564613fe34

am ya id defiantly be interested in it.... That would be great. Where do you live? I know he wants the proper lexus radio hes just to lazy to try find one thats why im doing it. =)

• Advertisement

Live in Clare ,work in Limerick.

What year is his car?

The car was a 2002 Lexus IS200 exec model, it was working when I removed it.

The car was a 2002 Lexus IS200 exec model, it was working when I removed it.

And that should fit in a 2001 model?? I could get into Limerick during the weekend not a bother??

Your brothers isn't a sport is it?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Your brothers isn't a sport is it?

Ya its the sports version of the is200. Would that make a difference to the radio??

Both the sport and the exec have an amp for the rear speakers, the base model didn't have this. It should be ok but I will differ to anyone else with more knowledge on the sport model.

Both the sport and the exec have an amp for the rear speakers, the base model didn't have this. It should be ok but I will differ to anyone else with more knowledge on the sport model.

Right okay to be honest i havn't a clue what radios fit which models. I have got on to a mechanic though about it so just waiting for him to get back and let me know will it fit.

I know the uk model se model and sport model have the 8 speaker system with the big rear speakers. Not sure about the irish executive model but I'msure Anthony knows better than I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A new radio from lexus is a few grand. Even a double din oe toyota single cd for an old model Rav4 is over €1500. The lexus one is a 6 disc in dash cd changer

Try partfinder.ie for a used one but beware, many units break due to owners loading the cds too quickly.

what ridiculous money, prob as much as the cars cost, lol

just get a double din or whatever size it is fitting housing and get a similar sized replacement head unit from the interweb

what ridiculous money, prob as much as the cars cost, lol

just get a double din or whatever size it is fitting housing and get a similar sized replacement head unit from the interweb

Yeah I know, I was on the other end where I'd sold it and gave warranty. Got one second hand.

Just put my hands on it, so if you want it its yours.

Just put my hands on it, so if you want it its yours.

Sorry only saw your post now for some reason.. ya defiantly, I'l private mail you about it.

Advertisement