Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurence on a4

Options
  • 13-11-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

insurence question.
    what are audi a4 like to insure.from a 19yr old point of view:)
    would geting insured in my mothers corolla 1st and them transfering be an option or would that be waste of time.
    thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

sideways83 wrote: »
    insurence question.
    what are audi a4 like to insure.from a 19yr old point of view:)
    would geting insured in my mothers corolla 1st and them transfering be an option or would that be waste of time.
    thanks for any help in advance

Did you try ringing up and getting a quote, or getting some quotes online? www.nononsense.ie for example?

I was insured on a Passat when I was 20 as a named driver for 1K but then everyone is different.

I presume its the 1.9 diesel 130bhp you are looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

ya 130 bhp.
    are they trouble some enough ??

ya 130 bhp.
    are they trouble some enough ??
    Not that I know of, we had an older A4 and the Passat, both diesel and both were grand.

That 1.9 engine is in all the VWs, Seats, Audis, Skodas, even some of the Fords so it is fairly reliable.

I'd say your going to struggle to insure 130 horses under 21 anyway, you might need a couple years NCB. My Passat was 90bhp.

ya was tinkin that.will only find out by ringing:)

ya was tinkin that.will only find out by ringing:)

Try getting a quote for the 115bhp one. Might be a bit more young driver friendly.

Can't see a diesel A4 being loaded too highly otherwise anyway, they aren't exactly fast ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Try AXA, it doesn't matter if it's a 90hp, 105hp, 115hp, 130hp or even the 150hp 1.9 TDI. They charge the same for all of them.

Sobanek wrote: »
    Try AXA, it doesn't matter if it's a 90hp, 105hp, 115hp, 130hp or even the 150hp 1.9 TDI. They charge the same for all of them.

You sure about that? I was insured with Axa and they asked me the power output etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You wont have any problems getting companies to quote for you however be prepared to be violated price wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

PaulKK wrote: »
    You sure about that? I was insured with Axa and they asked me the power output etc.
    My dad works there :D
    Yeah, I tried to get a quote and was quoted exact same on all of them. ;)

ya was thinking theyd be all the same.twas just the catorgy the car is in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement