Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arnie and Silvester

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Poor Arnie looks like he's not getting enough steroids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

ScumLord wrote: »
    Poor Arnie looks like he's not getting enough steroids.

........or Stallones a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Arnie and Stallone starring in Expendables 2... Only because Chuck Norris says so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I thought this was going to be about my spider...so disappoint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

With Arnold now 64 and Sylvester, 65, younger many will wonder whether they should be leaving the action genre to younger actors more suited to the physical rigours of shooting.

Give me relentless killing machines of euro-baddies who then callously quip a pun related to their gruesome deaths over today's bland "action" stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

"Sly, ve are geddin too old for dis shti"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

foxyboxer wrote: »
    "Sly, ve are geddin too old for dis shtick"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

If I looked like this dude at 65, I'd be a happy man.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/uploads/stallone-expendables.jpg

Or, if I looked like that now, that'd be ok too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Looks like Arnie's head is exploding Total Recall shtyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

If I looked like this dude at 65, I'd be a happy man.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/uploads/stallone-expendables.jpg

Or, if I looked like that now, that'd be ok too....

You can look like that if you are willing to spend some serious cash on Winstrol and Human Growth Hormone. Probably some Clenbuterol in the cycle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

You can look like that if you are willing to spend some serious cash on Winstrol and Human Growth Hormone. Probably some Clenbuterol in the cycle as well.
    Yeah I'd say the majority of body builders with that kind of physique do steroids, its pretty much an open secret.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say the majority of body builders with that kind of physique do steroids, its pretty much an open secret.

Well i reckon the majority of the stuff that Sly does is legal, as he is of the age in the states where you can get hormome replacement therapy.

But the IFBB Pro guys are all ****ing juice monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well i reckon the majority of the stuff that Sly does is legal, as he is of the age in the states where you can get hormome replacement therapy.

But the IFBB Pro guys are all ****ing juice monkeys.

there's a great documentary about steroids in the US called Bigger, Stronger, Faster. dispells a loft of myths about steroids and goes into why theres such a huge thing about them in America, very interesting watch it should be on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

krudler wrote: »
    there's a great documentary about steroids in the US called Bigger, Stronger, Faster. dispells a loft of myths about steroids and goes into why theres such a huge thing about them in America, very interesting watch it should be on youtube.

Nice one man, gonna track that down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

The Expendables 2 film will be as crap as the last one. They are making fools of themselves. Whatever happened to growing old gracefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The Expendables 2 film will be as crap as the last one. They are making fools of themselves. Whatever happened to growing old gracefully.

It went out of fashion with incontinence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Soon to be replaced by this animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Steroids are amazing, and an important part of the Olympics, bodybuilding, baseball and America football just to name a few.
    They truly are a wonder drug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Stallone and Arnie make fools of themselves in every film they've ever been in. Doesn't stop them being enjoyable though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Stallone is a real chickenshit coward in real life and seems to know as much about the world outside the USA as Beavis and Butthead on a bad day. A few years ago, he decided not to visit Europe because he was afraid of all the terrorists there.:)

Schwarzenegger, by contrast, actually had a good education in Austria and is smart enough to learn a foreign language (sort of) and also got some much necessary legislation onto the statute books in California, where necrophilia was not illegal until he became Governator of the state.:D

See here: http://whitehouse.georgewbush.org/news/2004/091404.asp

He even had some words of useful advice: "Ze first zing to know about zis new law is ze technical definition of ze corpse. Zis part is very important. Yah, because sometimes ven you are pounding avay at ze amazon Kennedy in ze bed, und it is just lying zere like a sack of scheiße vis ze big chicklet teeth, it is almost impossible to know vezzer or not ze bitch is alive. Vell, ze corpse is only really ze corpse ven zere is no heartbeat. So alvays be sure to slap ze bitch every so often to see if she scream, or you may be committing ze crime! ";)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Ah its great really though, and we'll be seeing a lot more of it in the future too, Madonna is another example in her 50s. The money these ultra rich types are spending to stay young and pretty is continuing to improve medical and cosmetic procedures, which make their way down to the rich, and then the middle class, and maybe even then national health systems. People are going to live longer healthier lives in future, and look good with it too. It may look like petty vanity, but if you could be a senior citizen with a body teenage girls will throw themselves at, why not?

Steroids are an interesting one, as far as I'm aware there are no real health risks under a properly monitored regimen, as in overseen by a doctor, but of course doctors can't monitor it because its illegal.

So you have something made illegal because its dangerous, but its only dangerous because its illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"I'll be back.........for a check up in a week"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I have respect for Arnie, he went to the States in the seventies and starred in an episode of the Streets Of San Francisco. Everyone laughed and everyone pointed, meanwhile time passed by and the guy became one of the biggest and richest stars in Hollywood. He was also shrewd enough to cultivate serious business and political links. If ever anyone enjoyed having the last laugh, its gotta be him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Does this mean Arnie can be in a next Terminator movie. He's been in them all except for T-4 but he at least had his presence felt. Not that I like the new Terminator films, but if they're going to do them they should have him in them till the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I have respect for Arnie, he went to the States in the seventies and starred in an episode of the Streets Of San Francisco.

(hits youtube....) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Arnie is a fooking legend. Ya'll leave him alone ya'heeaar.
    He's the best actor to ever walk the earth.

They should have stopped making movies after he stopped.
    Predator - the best film ever made, seen it 600+ times

actually gonna throw it on 2nite.

LET OFF SOME STEAM BENNETT
    I LET HIM GO
    NEED A LIGHT
    STICK AROUND

Legend................................................................................................
    ..........................................................................................................
    ..........................................................................................................
    wait for it............................................................................................
    dary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Agricola wrote: »
    (hits youtube....) :D

The episode featured a mysterious 'murder' where the female victim had a broken neck, but the only marks on her were bruised upper arms.
    It turned out that Arnie's character (a bodybuilder; typecasting!) had
    gotten angry and shaken her to death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Advertisement