Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charles Ingram - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Cheat

Options
  • 09-02-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been watching this documentary on YouTube:

What do you all think of this then? Did you notice it going on at the time or think anything of the coughing at all?

Going back quite a while now (September 2001) so I can't really remember it at all but what was the reaction like at the time?

The documentary is worth a watch anyway, the other four parts of it are available on YouTube too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

"Cough"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It didn't actually air before it was made a big deal of. It had been in the papers for a while, and then they decided to air it. Having known then and seeing it, it was fairly blatant. The way he changes his mind like that.
    If I didn't know first time seeing it I doubt I would have realised, but someone definitely would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It didn't actually air before it was made a big deal of. It had been in the papers for a while, and then they decided to air it. Having known then and seeing it, it was fairly blatant. The way he changes his mind like that.
    If I didn't know first time seeing it I doubt I would have realised, but someone definitely would have.

Cheers. They never mentioned that in the documentary although I am half asleep so might have missed it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I know it's certainly what I'll always remember September 2001 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Lol theres an ad for Benylin cough syrup at the end of part 1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Ah yes, i nearly forgot about this guy. Neck like a jockey's bollox

He's dead now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He's dead now I think.

500 years was a good age.

The wife scares me more than the devil...

Christ what a bibe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

He's dead now I think.
    Repairing computers according to wiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think he got coffin mixed up with coughin', an easy mistake to make.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Just watched the documentary. Thanks for the link op! :)
    I remember watching it years ago. But being an adult now I shake my head at it.

Two words: FUC*ING IDIOTS!
    The plan was stupid & wreckless. From conception to execution.

- The idea that a cough, being the signal, would go undetected?
    - That him constantly 'reviewing' answers alone wouldnt raise alarm bells? Let alone followed by a cough.
    - That on the first night it was clearly apparent that he wasnt the smartest with the questions ... then for the second night to answer every one right? (basic psychology 101)
    - That the 'shill' (aka, plant, mark what ever you wanna call him) was so blatantly giving the game away on his part.
    - That the Major's "performance" was inaccurate. Saying how he never heard of a certain person, then suddenly 'wait, yes thats the answer!' :rolleyes:

I could go on.
    Fu*king morons. What about believability, plausibility, human logic, basic psychology, execution & subtly :rolleyes:
    I aint the smartest. But if you wanna 'con' someone bloody hell think about it. The messed up thing is this guy was a Major! .. he was an officer! he was never a front line infantry solider. He went through the academic route to his rank! This guy is actually smarter than me on paper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

We will never forget.

http://i.imgur.com/2LR57.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

He's dead now I think.

Collecting on insurance scam no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Collecting on insurance scam no doubt.

Must be in cahoots with the couple where the guy kayaked out into the sea to fake his death and collect on life insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

james ingram is much cooler imho

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Charles Ingalls is cooler again.

Advertisement