Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ A million euro

Options
  • 08-02-2012 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I can remember during the boom times a million euro is nothin

Now that im currently not in the country is that still the case or not ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You're welcome.......................?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

easydosh wrote: »

How can a million euro be nothing?

unless you mean:
    1m X 0 = 0, then yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dr. Manhattan

It still is and always was worth nothing, the Euro goes ****ing nowhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Maybe you had too much of your Username.....I never remember a million being nothing:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I can now see how you built your multi-billion euro empire op.

I kneel before your grace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

1,000,000 was nothing, now it is how many times we are going to get raped in the next 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

To the people that a million euro meant nothing, it meant nothing because they were borrowing it from a bank who would give them as much as they wanted.
    It meant quite a bit to the people who actually had a million euro and it means as much if not more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Ah I see you've been druged for a while also.
    Yep things are great here, you should ditch your job and get the first plane over before you miss the boat.
    We'd love to have you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

I cant see this thread being AH's finest hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

To compensate for the crapness of the thread here is a picture of a duck holding a cricket bat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wrong, the euro does too go somewhere, back to the greedy bwankers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 easydosh

Just to clarify i emigrated because i had to (financially) not out of choice, as there was no work
    And the reason i posted this is because recent irish over here say that no one is spending in ire, and that investment opportunities for small time investors could be made as int. reports show ireland is set to making progress in 2012??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I remember one of my bosses this time last year talking about "how things did get a bit crazy during the boo". He went on to say during lunch that "you'd be looking at a house, seeing that's it's a million and think, yea, not too bad"...
    I was just thinking WTF. Anything in 4 figures is a lot to me. My car wasn't even 4 figures. Some people are so far disconnected from reality it's unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

reports show ireland is set to making progress in 2012??

Make progress towards;
    Bankruptcy
    Financial ruin
    Everyone just leaving the country and putting an OUT OF BUSINESS sign at dublin airport

Take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, if I got a €million, it wouldn't stay in € for long. It would be converted to $ and zapped off to my account in the Cayman Islands, before anyone could say "fiscal policy coordination" ... ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

A million euro can only get you a three bed semi and a ford cortina nowadays :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Yahew wrote: »
    To compensate for the crapness of the thread here is a picture of a duck holding a cricket bat.
    If I had a million euro I'd buy a million of them ducks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Archeron

I remember one of my bosses this time last year talking about "how things did get a bit crazy during the boo". He went on to say during lunch that "you'd be looking at a house, seeing that's it's a million and think, yea, not too bad"...
    I was just thinking WTF. Anything in 4 figures is a lot to me. My car wasn't even 4 figures. Some people are so far disconnected from reality it's unbelievable.

I really hope he shouted the boo part and scared the **** out of everyone.

Advertisement